• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Support - Rant

Steve Albert

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
This seems to be an ongoing issue where people post requests or existing code in support and when they find a solution they don't post the solution they found because they feel like since they found it on their own they don't need to share the solution.

To those that do this and I am tired of thinking this everytime I see it. This is a very selfish way to go about things. This way of thinking will limit the support you do get when you really need it.

You the reader if this is you then you might as well never post a question here ever again. I know I am being harsh and maybe even offensive but when people do this I get offended.

And it makes me not want to help them with anything and maybe others feel the same way too.

I like so many others who contribute their free time & knowledge to help those who can't help themselves for whatever reason. Your solution isn't groundbreaking it isn't CIA, MI6 or NSA solutions. If it was you would not be here asking for help or for any of us to do it for you so don't treat it as such.

I could go on & on about this all day but what would be the point. I just needed at this moment to vent my frustration.

There is so much creativity around and so many emotions flying because that type of people, servers cannot improve because lack that lack of information people have to work on the same thing over and over and over.

People who are that selfish ots have died since a loong time if we dont help eachother and act as a community this will end going nowhere. The community of tibia will die instead of being that selfish learn to contribute for the growing of the tibian players. For better and more quality content.

I dont know you but I share your feelings!

Totally agree. This is an open source community, with an active support board. (This is surprisingly rare in the grand scheme of things). It is only foolish not to post the answer, even if the answer is presumably embarrasing like "I forgot to configure this shit" or "my attribute name in creaturescripts.xml was wrong". Posting no answer is stupid.

Not only does it make people less inclined to help you out the next time around, because of this mentality, it will be harder to help you or find the solution on your own later. You may search around and find a related previous thread in support board to no avail because no answer was posted.

Also, "facts" and statements given in an open source community should require a sample code that everyone can test to verify its legitimacy. Else it shouldn't be considered the truth.

Reply on those threads with a link to this discussion. Ignorance is bliss, until you realize you are John Snow. :)

Last edited:
Back