• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Support/Request |Server version field when creating new thread.

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Just make a drop-down, with most/all server versions known, and an 'other' field, for one's that are new/not popular.

It's impossible to help most people because they never post their server version, and frankly it's beyond annoying having to post "tfs version?" and wait for a reply.

TFS 1.3
TFS 1.2
TFS 1.1
TFS 1.0
TFS 0.4 (type revision here if you know it)
TFS 0.3.7
TFS 0.3.6 (type revision here if you know it)
OTX
Avesta
OtHire
OtServ
Other (Please type your server version..)
Issue not related to a specific server version.

et cetera..
These are just the one's I've seen recently.

I'll put a poll for 1 month as well.

Cheers,

Xikini

Figure a couple bumps couldn't hurt.

Bump. :rolleyes:

@Xikini
Thanks for the suggestion. Adding extra "fields" to the threads in XenForo is not exactly possible right away. However, I have recently implemented a change such that the tags are now visible on the thread list. That allows us to quickly see them IF they are meaningful. I also believe that such information as the server engine/version/protocol should be simply in thread title. We might make the rules stricter about that (and maybe about tags). We have internal discussions about that already.

very nice idea! i feel like this is a missing feature we all would have big use for!

Back