• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux SWAP Partition Full

Apollos

Dude who does stuff
Solutions
Reaction score
Using Ubuntu 16.04 and tried a few different server version on it, but keep having an issue with SWAP being full. Swappiness is set to 10, and the swap partition filename is /dev/null which i see is supposed to be a sort of disposal tool? Yet my SWAP is almost full everytime I run a server on it for a little while. Just wondering if this is something that can cause issues down the road and how I should identify the problem. Thanks!

Solution
/dev/null is a pseudo-file, i've saw before virtual hosts that do this, idk why, redirecting swap to /dev/null probably "neutralize" a swap file/partition, since even with swappiness 0 kernel are allowed to alloc data there, so i think this is the quick&dirty way to neutralize swap on vps's,
/dev/null is a pseudo-file, i've saw before virtual hosts that do this, idk why, redirecting swap to /dev/null probably "neutralize" a swap file/partition, since even with swappiness 0 kernel are allowed to alloc data there, so i think this is the quick&dirty way to neutralize swap on vps's,

Solution
Back