• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] [Custom] CHAMPSBATTLE - MOBA&BATTLEROYALE

Server Website/AAC
https://www.champsbattle.com/
Hey guys! Busy week, as always, started working at a programming company this week in Malmö as a webdeveloper and I will be there for 1 month from now to practise. This will take more of my time than the university but atleast I don't have to do that aswell. This weekend I probably spent 20 hours working on champsbattle and the game seems playable. There are bugs I am aware of and I want to handle them before beta testings. Because I know my lists of tasks will raise during the testing period I want as few tasks as possible to begin with. I was also not satisfied with the "open-world" map we currently used from an opensource map and this will be put in the garbage. I will implement a new unique city from someone on OTLand we pay for with a better theme on an island. Any city names tips are apprechiated, if you actually use your recommended you will be rewarded with an awesome skin.

Neutrals update
Every new minute neutral creatures will try to spawn in the forest. If neutrals are lured away more than 4 squares it will spawn new creatures so you can stack spawns. Another valueable aspect for support champs to stack for carries and boost their farming.

New Carrychamp 'Minotaur'
rPNQgHg.png

(image screenshotted from website)

Spells
F1: Shakes the ground stunning your opponents and doing low amount of damage.
F2: Front sweep deals high physical damage.
F3: Protection 20% all elements for 10 seconds.
F4: Savage Mode will put you in a rage for 8 seconds giving you 200% more melee damage but -50% shielding.
Looktype during savage mode:
27013501-16b0-40ec-9355-b312e111d918
9LtOaay.gif

NEXT WEEK

New Tankchamp 'Frosta'

Spells
F1: An ice wave stunning for 2 seconds and slowing for 5.
giphy.gif

F2: Autoattack chance 20% to do extra ice damage on opponent
F3: Damage self 250HP if you have more then 500HP, after 2.5 next add 1000 HP + ice protection 90% 5 seconds.
F4: F4: Throw a singletarget spear stunning the opponent and doing heavy damage.

Last edited:
I will try this.

If you have "population" problems, you may need to introduce AI, or some sort of balancing mechanic.
(Also, players leaving in the middle of matches, could be an issue)

I'm interested to see how this server will work :)

I will try this.

If you have "population" problems, you may need to introduce AI, or some sort of balancing mechanic.
(Also, players leaving in the middle of matches, could be an issue)

I'm interested to see how this server will work :)

You are welcome to try it out with us in the weekend. I am not sure what you mean with population problems, could you explain further?

Concerning players deciding to leave during match it will be the same penatly as you go AFK and got kicked (10 min no movement).
The penalty is you will loose MMR even if your team later on won & you wont receive a case, which is a rewardbox for playing a full game.

You are welcome to try it out with us in the weekend. I am not sure what you mean with population problems, could you explain further?

Concerning players deciding to leave during match it will be the same penatly as you go AFK and got kicked (10 min no movement).
The penalty is you will loose MMR even if your team later on won & you wont receive a case, which is a rewardbox for playing a full game.

By population problem I mean, if there are 9 people online, then a 5v5 game cannot start.

Or, if there are 15 people online, 1 game starts, and the other 5 have to wait for the game to end, and then only 10 of the 15 can play.
(Basically, if you don't have an multiple of 10 online, then people will be waiting in queue, and depending on your match times, this could easily kill your game)

By population problem I mean, if there are 9 people online, then a 5v5 game cannot start.

Or, if there are 15 people online, 1 game starts, and the other 5 have to wait for the game to end, and then only 10 of the 15 can play.
(Basically, if you don't have an multiple of 10 online, then people will be waiting in queue, and depending on your match times, this could easily kill your game)
I think this is a pretty good concern, it's already very dificult for simple pvp-e TDM/CTF type servers to survive with enough active players to make it not very boring. The issue is a snowball affect of let's say only 25 on, now 5 have to wait say 10-15 minutes to get into a game, one gets bored and logs and plays something else, that continues as numbers lower, once it hits 19 suddenly the wait becomes 20-30 minutes, players get bored faster, new players join and sit 20-30 minutes to play the server, they maybe play one round then quit after waiting 20-30 minutes for another match while the only one going ends. The issue is even with 5x these numbers, the same example still stands. An AI system is almost a must.

However, I recommend trying to make the matches start and end as fast as possible. IE instead of matches lasting for 25-30 minutes (or more D:?) they end after 10~ minutes. This makes the mechanics from your point of view possibly have less depth, however the increased time will limit the wait time of players as well, and if players are in a queue waiting for a game the wait time will be significantly shorter.

Thank you for your clarification @Flatlander. There are actually many things to do meanwhile waiting for a match, such as - Housing, NPCs, gambling & PvP Arena. PvP Arena is always open - Jump in, jump out with any champ you want on max level. Try damage and combos on players and non-hostile creatures. More to come... What do other MOBA games have? Kinda nothing, just a loading screen.

First of, MOBA industry has more than 50 milion unique players every day and is the most played genre according to many souces. If champsbattle can't generate more then 50 active players players a day after establishment the game failed or isn't ready. With my budget and time as I run solo on this project, I have to start small and experiment as there are no succesful 2D MOBA games I am aware of. To code an AI in the near future isn't any planned task.

Possibilities to the population issue may be
1. Add games with smaller maps & 3vs3
2. As @Sir Knighter mentioned, a good solution is faster games such as Casual Games (double XP & GOLD)
3. Faster game modes such as all mid on a new map

Last edited:
Thank you for your clarification @Flatlander. There are actually many things to do meanwhile waiting for a match, such as - Housing, NPCs, gambling & PvP Arena. PvP Arena is always open - Jump in, jump out with any champ you want on max level. Try damage and combos on players and non-hostile creatures. More to come... What do other MOBA games have? Kinda nothing, just a loading screen.

First of, MOBA industry has more than 50 milion unique players every day and is the most played genre according to many souces. If champsbattle can't generate more then 50 active players players a day after establishment the game failed or isn't ready. With my budget and time as I run solo on this project, I have to start small and experiment as there are no succesful 2D MOBA games I am aware of. To code an AI in the near future isn't any planned task.

Possibilities to the population issue may be
1. Add games with smaller maps & 3vs3
2. As @Sir Knighter mentioned, a good solution is faster games such as Casual Games (double XP & GOLD)
3. Faster game modes such as all mid on a new map

Neat project man.
I was working on similar one while ago and i wanted to implement something like dungeons system as a side job.
Maybe that would be good too?

EDIT:
Maybe a storylines to finish for every character?
Series of quests that would tell a story of a champ.

Last edited:
Sajigon has powerful tools and configurations to generate any kind of Moba maps.
It won't problem for him to change moba game speeds accordingly.
As long there are more than 3 ppl online I don't think the wait times will be that big.
Having open world to explore while waiting on que is a big +

Neat project man.
I was working on similar one while ago and i wanted to implement something like dungeons system as a side job.
Maybe that would be good too?

EDIT:
Maybe a storylines to finish for every character?
Series of quests that would tell a story of a champ.

Good idea, but I wanna keep it MOBA related without dungeons. Story quests for each champ could be a really cool ideá with token reward and achievement, maybe a free skin for that champ.
I want to add more smaller chores to game during waiting time, maybe tic tac toe, chess? I don't know.

Sajigon has powerful tools and configurations to generate any kind of Moba maps.
It won't problem for him to change moba game speeds accordingly.
As long there are more than 3 ppl online I don't think the wait times will be that big.
Having open world to explore while waiting on que is a big +

You're right! Adding another game is very easy for me and adjusting settings.
Scalability is also something to be aware of, I am curious how stable TFS is with high amount of players, on OTServlist there are realmaps with TFS 1.* having more than 1.5k players. Any known crashes on TFS?

There is an easier solution.. hire me!

I am sure you would be a great mascot ;) JK

About the population problem it can be solved easy and I doubt this game will have 10-15 players if it's good. I have one suggestion you can add one game mode called "Arena Mode 1v1" you meet against someone else, basically a duel with three rounds. People that are leftover like 1-5 players can play some arena mode meanwhile, and the game mode is fast approx. 5 - 10 minutes.

I always love custom project, and I'm interested to see how this project goes just don't lose your motivation!

come DISCORD guys, we need 2 more players to run a game successfully !

Todays testings were very successful with many adjustments incomming until next test game planned in approximately 2 weeks.