• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] [Custom] CHAMPSBATTLE - MOBA&BATTLEROYALE

Server Website/AAC
https://www.champsbattle.com/
Implementing AI/NPC champs I expect it will take a month for me to code and there are many obstacles on the way to create them do playerlike actions
I'd still suggest starting to collect data now, so in the future it will be easier to create the bots.
At what level, player takes down camps, what is the skill order, what is the item buy order, etc and each of these data collections filtered by map and champion selected.

F4 (ultimate spell) is for level 10, not 6.
At least the last time I played.

Those AI bots might be just a little bit smarter monsters for a start. Monster that can find enemy player out of screen, run away on low hp and heal etc. some simple behaviours. It is only suggestion of cours.
I know that it is only beta, but in my option if you want to succed you have two options. First is to make AI bots and slowy getting new players replacing bots by real players or second option is to make a big advertise before start, so you will get a lot of players in first day and hope that they will stay.

Another downside is that you have to actually watch the screen to check if there is enough players. In other mobas you just join que and you can even wait 30min for a game while doing something else because it will pop out once there are enough players.
So this is a bit big disadvantage for this project at this moment imo.

@Shade
Champs ultimate spells(F4) was already changed from level 10 to level 6 ^_^

@Keal Atis
You might be right, we will see how things goes after we implemented the 1vs1 and 2vs2 mode. Suggestions how this mode should work is appreciated.

@TheMyth
Yeah what you are saying is indeed an issue, when a room is full you have 2 minutes to join or you will be kicked and maybe have to redo the matchmaking process. We need something to flash the client or make a recognizeable sound when a match is ready to be played. After we switched to a new client this will all be possible! =]

You might be right, we will see how things goes after we implemented the 1vs1 and 2vs2 mode. Suggestions how this mode should work is appreciated.
My concept would be team deathmatch rules, best-of-5.
In 2v2, after you die, you have to wait until your teammate dies/wins, then the next game begins.
The first team with 3 wins is victorious.

The same with solo, i can't see no better option.

New champ Fungyman!

SHdssGJ.png

Join us tonight to play some 5vs5!
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

I would love to test these new modes, but you'd have to turn the account recovery on then.
I have a memory of a fucking goldfish.

I would love to test these new modes, but you'd have to turn the account recovery on then.
I have a memory of a fucking goldfish.

Haha you're not the only one.
Sorry the mailing doesn't work yet, should got it going soon. Meanwhile you can PM me on Discord Sajgon#4987 with details or in PM.

Haha you're not the only one.
Sorry the mailing doesn't work yet, should got it going soon. Meanwhile you can PM me on Discord Sajgon#4987 with details or in PM.
OK, thanks. Sent you a PM here.

And btw. i would like to suggest some new opportunity to earn few tokens in-game.
What do you guys think about daily/weekly tasks?
On first login of the day, player would choose between 3 random tasks to complete and earn a token.
Something like:
play/win x games, play/win x games with x champ, earn x money, deal x damage to the players etc.
Thuoghts?

Daily tasks are great idea, it will make people log in everyday.

@2Rec @Keal Atis its not a bad idea, currently we have "First match of the day" reward but I will most likely add some kind of task system.

oh, btw we added looting to creeps in Zaoan Walls Map mode.
GLrO35J.png

What are you guys missing on champsbattle? custom client, minimap, events to do while waiting for a game, players? xD

Tell me, I would like to know and give this project more time to upgrade it but nobody played for about a week.

Well I tried 1v1 a while ago, I'm not bashing you and i know its beta but to take mobas elements and try put into tibia just doesn't work in my opinion. Tibia is slow so your abilities wont be cool, keybindings are shit and no sound feedback its almost impossible get excited, meanwhile mobas are fast paced in teamfight and 1v1 and you can outplay other also the incredible sounds from abilities.
At least this was a great project to learn lua and c++ if you did modify sources ;)

Thanks for your feedback @4Muki4!
Map size and movement speed is based of another MOBA to have the same speed of the game.
Keybindings are like Tibias, ie arrowkeys to move around or mouseclick like MOBAs and hotkeys to use abilities/spells.
About the sound its not much I could do rn, I usually like music in the background and keep the game volume low, but I hear you!

Also I would like to say the 1vs1 mode has been updated some times since people played. This fast-paced mode usually took 20+ minutes before and I wanted to reduce it to 5-10 max by implementing best of 3 kills or first to destroy tower.

Summary even if this project will not be successful I do not regret it, I had alot of fun and became well experienced in Lua the past 8 months and made a few friends on the way!

changelog 2017-08-06
> you are no longer logged out after 15 minutes afk in city
> new instagram page @champsbattle • Instagram photos and videos give us a like
> gear are now saved to match and will be viewed on website matchdata
> creeps movement speed on zaoan walls lowered

> we have prioritized your safty even more and added https ssl encryption to our website CHAMPSBATTLE | Homepage is now working
> much more such as few spells balance changes, typos etc