• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] Realoria 7.1 | with DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
True damage from players to monsters is fcking high!!!! on tibianic with mace on 8 lvl i will kill troll in 30 minutes and here im hitting for 30... too high and too easy....

tibianic dmg is just pathetic thought, but this is way too high aswell ;p

I haven't had this oldschool feeling on any other "oldschool" server out there the latest 2 years. Really great server except for the few crashes but atleast there hasn't been any rollbacks.

The gms need to be alot more active thought.

This is a great idea to make an old school server, but good intentions and good ideas are not enough.
I can't believe its crashing so much. If this is a server side problem then the server should have been tested way better.
I think this might be because of a DDoS attack. Unfortunately, if thats the cause then there is not very much that can be done.
My personal bet would be that a competitor OT is DDoSing this. For example a player at one ot, lets say Tibianic (just an example), is scared that people will go to this server, and hence he DDoSes the hell out of it to make as much people as possible leave and hence destroying the competition this way.

In any case, downtime is unacceptable. Especially when there is an active donate shop and people spend money on this. I would easily donate 100 eur in premmy time if the server was really stable in the long term and might even buy premmy for my friends, but when its so unstable I don't want to put even one cent into it.

So, better give a very good explanation of what is happening AND compensate the players for the downtime, or people will start leaving, and once people leave its not likely they will come back.

EDIT: Its back up.
this time only 30 min down time.

Last edited:
ANOTHER crash? fix it now or people will start going ^^ i think this is last chance for me atleast :p keep it down for a while if u have no idea whats causing the crashes

This time it wasn't crash - it's either DDoS or host shutdown.

First gain some knowledge before posting such statements, it's terrible to read a server-related boards nowadays..

Down again. Now not only the server is down, but the website is also down. Usually, website and game server are hosted on separate hosts, and if both are down it means its not a game server problem but something worse. Like a DDoS attack that targets both the game server and the site. Or maybe both the site and the game server are on the same host and the host itself is having problems, but this is very unlikely. So my bet is its DDoS. Almost certainly.
And you know whats worst about DDoS? Its that usually those guys don't stop until the server is officially closed. Bastards. Making other people's lives worse. DDoSers should get a life and realize that punishing innocent people is not cool.

I dont think its ddos, the server seems just to be unstable.

I dont think its ddos, the server seems just to be unstable.

In that case, its VERY unstable. As if they were hosing it on their own PC at home with bad connection, bad hardware, and bad server configuration.

We apologize for the downtime.
We were under attack, but our hosting company is working on it and taking legal actions.

Thank you for being patient.

Kind Regards!
Your Realoria Staff

We were under attack, but our hosting company is working on it and taking legal actions.

Kind Regards!
Your Realoria Staff

Appreciate your honesty that you told us that your servers were attacked. So we know its not your fault. Its the fault of retard DDoSer skiddies that want to take out the competition.
Lets hope your hosting company finds a way to minimize these attacks.
And for legal actions I don't think anyone is going to do anything. DDoS attacks take place all the time in a lot of different places and I doubt your host will bother to do anything to find who is behind this. And it costs money to do such things.

Anyway, I wish you guys luck to find a solution to this ongoing problem.
I give you one week to work this out or negotiate a deal with the attackers or whatever, but if the server is still going down daily after one week, I am quitting, together with all my friends (a fifth of the server).

Such an amazing feeling to play this old school stuff, but its really not worth to put my time into it if I dont know how long the server will survive.

Appreciate your honesty that you told us that your servers were attacked. So we know its not your fault. Its the fault of retard DDoSer skiddies that want to take out the competition.
Lets hope your hosting company finds a way to minimize these attacks.
And for legal actions I don't think anyone is going to do anything. DDoS attacks take place all the time in a lot of different places and I doubt your host will bother to do anything to find who is behind this. And it costs money to do such things.

Anyway, I wish you guys luck to find a solution to this ongoing problem.
I give you one week to work this out or negotiate a deal with the attackers or whatever, but if the server is still going down daily after one week, I am quitting, together with all my friends (a fifth of the server).

Such an amazing feeling to play this old school stuff, but its really not worth to put my time into it if I dont know how long the server will survive.

"negotiate a deal"

I really hope the admin won't give shit, not in-game advantage nor real life money just to make them stop. I'd rather not play than have such cunts making money like this.

Kind Regards!
Your Realoria Staff

legal action LOL u are a man of words and not action

I feel sad for those who actually 'donated' for this server.
The sh*t's been offline for almost 5 hours, GMs are nowhere to be found and they dont update us with any news here or in forum.

We have just found out who ddosed us and our hosting company has made a police report.

Kind Regards!
Your Realoria Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back