• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Switzerland] [8.7] Ascalon | custom MID-EXP RPG with unique gameplay

Couldnt agree moar ;P Server is doing fine though, yesterday we had 82 players total online while the days before we were peaking at a steady 65~.. Since I am running low on available items/cash to give to new people, I'd appreciate it if random people here donate their grade 1-4 ability stuff to me allowing me to help more dudes. You can ask around, i've done my part ;P Just lacking the items to give and i've outlvled these lower level monsters ;/

Parcel to Scotoe if ya'll got any spares (Ability only)
Appreciated

Last edited:
Really awsome server! ;D, Very funny and proffesionall made server!

This patch is very small, as I honestly lost whole week due to storm here, in Ukraine. My electricy and internet lanes were broken, aswell as computer's power supply. Since yesterday, I'm back fully, and keep updating server as supposed.​

Patch notes:

• Experience boost for saturday/sunday! Experience rate increased. Overall experience gain increased by 10%-50%, based on your level(level 400 guys got just 10% experience boost, level 350 - 15%, etc, up to +50% more experience). Last week, I didn't meant that experience will be 150% for every weekends, it was one time event, sorry for misleading.
  • New monsters: Mechanic Golem[L. 340], War Golem[L. 360]. Location: its located near the wyrms spawn(on the way after undead cavebears lair).
  • New Quest: Golems Laboratory. Location: War Golems spawn.
  • Shield recipes from Elizabeth grade was increased to 7 from 6.
  • Fixed a bug when monsters were attacking their own summons.
  • Hopefully fixed all guardian angel bugs, rewrote the whole way its being handled.
  • Some more increasing of loot chances for bosses(widow queen, hellhound, lizard high guard, werewolf) and lizard leathers from lizards.
  • Fixed silence bug.
  • Fixed immunity recipe for manashield.
  • Blessing now provide more protection from losing items(temporal solution, blessing system will be reworked in nearby future).
  • Added dice to lottery =.=

Glad that the increased loot for those bosses were added, just outta curiosity though. You still just need 5 creature products per boss for the outfit?

stahp spoiling new locations please, jesus christ its like a 50/50 chance to read throught the updates and see something usefull or get disappointed from receiving informations I would love to gain by playing

stahp spoiling new locations please, jesus christ its like a 50/50 chance to read throught the updates and see something usefull or get disappointed from receiving informations I would love to gain by playing

omg he spoil where new spawn is i quit
tard GM!

It's really unbalanced at the moment, i hope you will balance it soon cause i honestly don't feel like playing anymore when a paladin can solo me, but 2 of us priests can't get that paladin to yellow hp

mages can't take any hits without being very well geared that should be changed abit for example a helmet that has 50 armor now and 100 when +10 should be 70 armor now and 100 when +10, so gemming items gives a boost but doesnt mean the difference about being OP or being really weak

same goes for stones, they make your set waay to strong, sure they should give a bonus but they shouldnt give you 1K+ regen thats just way to much

and whats the fun in having knights that can tank 10ppl pvp when theres only 20-30 people active, they are just immortal
All in all it's a good and funny server but it really has to be balanced

It's really unbalanced at the moment, i hope you will balance it soon cause i honestly don't feel like playing anymore when a paladin can solo me, but 2 of us priests can't get that paladin to yellow hp

mages can't take any hits without being very well geared that should be changed abit for example a helmet that has 50 armor now and 100 when +10 should be 70 armor now and 100 when +10, so gemming items gives a boost but doesnt mean the difference about being OP or being really weak

same goes for stones, they make your set waay to strong, sure they should give a bonus but they shouldnt give you 1K+ regen thats just way to much

and whats the fun in having knights that can tank 10ppl pvp when theres only 20-30 people active, they are just immortal
All in all it's a good and funny server but it really has to be balanced

Agreed on your point, and thats what I'm actually doing on current moment. The problem is that the server offers way too much things which affects your power, thats why basic stats are so low compared to top gear. I got the issue and working on solution which may be released in a few days. I hope for players come-back then.

Agreed on your point, and thats what I'm actually doing on current moment. The problem is that the server offers way too much things which affects your power, thats why basic stats are so low compared to top gear. I got the issue and working on solution which may be released in a few days. I hope for players come-back then.

tmDHyrx.jpg

Fare any ETA on next patch? ;o
and White Skulls are so low rate killed 8 Mercs ws and no drop of ability stone or gems... :/
also the dungeon i told u ...no boss with 6+ people..>.< ?????????
i know its alot to handle just try to consider it :) Thanks and waiting for replay
DeadShot.

- - - Updated - - -

Fare any ETA on next patch? ;o
and White Skulls are so low rate killed 8 Mercs ws and no drop of ability stone or gems... :/
also the dungeon i told u ...no boss with 6+ people..>.< ?????????
i know its alot to handle just try to consider it :) Thanks and waiting for replay
DeadShot.

Balancing patch 1.07

Patch notes:

• PvP damage is same as PvM damage(previously damage in PvP was lowered by 25%).
  • Critical strikes now deal 170% damage by default(was 150% for mages, 180% for rest vocations). Assassins critical damage lowered to 200% from 230%. Wizards now has 10% to deal 170% critical damage on spellcast(was 5%, 150%).
  • Attacking a Defensive bonuses now counted in different way, and now grants less % of increasing or lowering damage. Still those bonuses are efficient, however not that much scaled.
  • Armor and Resistance mechanics were changed: every creature now gains passive armor and resistance penetration, based on its level. F.e. level 300 player, has 12% penetration by default, monster of same level gains 15% penetration. How does it works? If a player has 600 armor(which leads to 50.5% protection) versus monster with 15% penetration, his real armor will be 510 which actually 46.4% protection.

Magic, rare and legendary abilities were hardly recounted, those changes:

• -Way less scaling between magic, rare and legendary(previous scaling was 2.0, rare was 2x better than magic, now its scaled by 1.5).
  • -Rates are same for all vocations now.
  • -Mentality: old - (mage)10/20/30 * grade per 2 seconds; new - (all)8/12/16 * grade mana per 1 second.
  • -Endurance: old - (knight)10/20/30 * grade per 2 seconds; new - (all)6/9/12 * grade health per 1 second.
  • -Shadows/Repulsion: values changed aswell, grade 7 provides 8.6% dodge/repell per legendary item.
  • -Swiftness ability now turned into Freedom. It also adds passive chance to block incoming curses, along with speed.
  • -Fortitude and Resistance values changed aswell, to match current meta.
  • -Vitality and Wisdom abilities now provide additional bonus health/mana gained when you use runes. For example, G7 legendary knight item with vitality now provides 280 health and +56 to healing from rune.
  • -Weapons abilities are also scaled with less values, 8/12/16% for critical and stun, instead of old 8/16/32%, 15/22.5/30% of lifesteal instead of old 15/30/45, 10/15/20% bounce instead of old 10/20/30%.
  • -Rending ability now adds 10/15/20% of weapons damage, not a contant value.

Rest of changes:

• Knights shields block now coming once per 5 seconds(instead of 2).
  • Berserkers now gains 20% less armor from items, but 10% more from weapons base attack. Their passive 'Rage' ability now increasing their weapon attack(+10% of level value for every rage stack), instead of attacking bonus. Rage also stays for 7 seconds instead of 6.
  • Crusaders gains 10% less from weapons damage since now.
  • Slightly lowered amount of bonus damage gained from skills.
  • Archers hit chance is now dependant on their skills(was stable 95%), and being scaled from 85%(at skill level 10) to 100% on 100 distance skill.
  • Base damage on knights and archers weapons increased(G7 knights weapons are now 590 attack, from 430, G7 archers weapon is now 660 attack, from 430).
  • Changed formula for items upgrading, now weapons gain 3% of attack per 1 upgrade(not contant value anymore), same goes to armor/resistance, each item upgrade gives 10% of armor.
  • Armor and resistance values on most of items were re-counted and mostly lowered for knights, archers.
  • Sharpshooters vambrasers attack increased to 35 from 30 XD.
  • Added 'Mass Healing'(amicus missa) spell for Priests. Spell is being automatically learned at level 180, costs 520 mana and heals all targets around caster.
  • Advanced formulas for magic gems and especially ability stones upgrading. Upgrading with ability stones on lower grades now much easier, and even on 7 grade is few percents easier. Upgrading with magic gems is now superior easy on lower grades/upgrades, and becoming harder on higher ones.
  • Some better displaying of items stats, upgrades or so.
  • Fixed a bug when guardian angel cooldown was showing over-high numbers.
  • More minor fixes and changes.

Another "5% added, 5% taken" patch :/. In my opinion vocations should be remade. When you are nerfing knight's defence, berserkers are getting even worse. In my opinion vocs should differ more. Now you've made that global stats ("Rates are same for all vocations now."), I don't think that's a good idea, you should customize every vocation (and profession) even more. There was an idea posted on ascalon forums by Poldek (~2 months ago) about different weapons for each profession, it would help with balancing knights (ber/cru) atk/dmg, for sure. Now when I'm trying to hunt some monsters with lvl similar to mine, I'm wasting lots of money and hoping I won't get that damn Rage and die because of low def. I know it's looking like I'm just bitching when you're trying hard to make Ascalon better, but people are leaving the server for a reason. I played today for few hours and haven't seen any of my old friends online.

Back