• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

Monster Target Dummy

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
21kxekm.png

What does it do?
It also uses a special spell every second (smoke), this is a harmless spell but it does give you shielding.
Because it uses this spell, everyone around the target dummy will get the same rate of shield advance as everyone else.

Why is it better than regular trainers?
It's better because you don't need to add so much trainers.
Also, it only takes one monster to give you the same rate of shielding than when 2 training monk attacks you,
Considering there are 8 squares around the training dummy, it is exactly equivalent to having 16 training monks.
So, why have 16 training monks when you can have only 1 target dummy?

Any recommendations?
Use no-pvp tiles, that way you can still train, but won't be able to attack anyone.
Also, use J.Dre's anti-push script so people will not get pushed out of their training spot: http://otland.net/f82/anti-push-159029/

Script

in data/monster, add targetdummy.xml:
Lua:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="Target Dummy" nameDescription="a target dummy" race="energy" experience="0" speed="0" manacost="0">
	<health now="1470000" max="1470000"/>
	<look type="304" corpse="9801"/>
	<targetchange interval="1000" chance="50"/>
	<strategy attack="100" defense="0"/>
	<flags>
		<flag summonable="0"/>
		<flag attackable="1"/>
		<flag hostile="1"/>
		<flag illusionable="0"/>
		<flag convinceable="0"/>
		<flag pushable="0"/>
		<flag canpushitems="0"/>
		<flag canpushcreatures="1"/>
		<flag targetdistance="1"/>
		<flag staticattack="90"/>
		<flag runonhealth="100"/>
	</flags>
	<attacks>
		<attack name="physical" interval="1000" chance="100" radius="3" min="-1" max="-2">
			<attribute key="areaEffect" value="poff"/>
		</attack>
	</attacks>
	<defenses armor="1" defense="1">
		<defense name="healing" interval="20" chance="20" min="2250" max="2750">
			<attribute key="areaEffect" value="blueshimmer"/>
		</defense>
	</defenses>
	<voices interval="2500" chance="25">
		<voice sentence="N.O.O.B. termination initiated."/>
		<voice sentence="klonk klonk klonk!"/>
		<voice sentence="Threat level rising!"/>
		<voice sentence="Scanning human life form."/>
		<voice sentence="Danger: Overheating."/>
	</voices>
</monster>

in data/monster/monsters.xml, add:
Lua:
<monster name="Target Dummy" file="targetdummy.xml"/>

Last edited:
Considering there are 8 squares around the training dummy, it is exactly equivalent to having 16 training monks.
So, why have 16 training monks when you can have only 1 target dummy?

Excellent reasoning
good work!

.. you can be pushed?

On my server, using anti-AFK for training is pathetic and I would delete you on the spot.
So, if you're not at the computer and you're pushed far away, that's not my problem. If you want efficient training, check your screen at least once per 15 minutes.

However, there are NUMEROUS of ways to prevent this, try adding walls.
For example:
ig9d3s.png

Come on man, I expected you to be smarter than this...

I said, the way you presented it in the first post image. Ofcourse you'd expect others to figure out a way on their own

I think this is not the way how they should be done, you should cancel any damage dealt to Target Dummy if his hitpoints bar goes black.

Yeah, I tried to figure something out like this, but I just couldn't. So I left it with a ton of health and heals more than it needs, closest thing possible.

Lol this is so simple yet awesome
I didn't knew that physical damage attacks also adds to your shielding o.o
I thought only melee :p

Yeah, I tried to figure something out like this, but I just couldn't. So I left it with a ton of health and heals more than it needs, closest thing possible.
>>973624
Now...I remember sometimes it made the monster stop attacking for a brief moment. Haven't tested it lately, but I will soon.

hey I placed this into my data and got it on my server, but when I attack the dummy I don't get any shielding i'm using a 9.10 server mystic spirit can anyone explain how this could happen?
Thanks in advance,

Instead of calling doCreatureAddHealth function just over-write the value to zero?
If the HP == 0 then the monster will die. What the script does is take the rest of the HP of the monster in the final blow and inmediatly add 1HP.
Last answer (I wasn't thinking): Yeah that's what I was thinking too but I didn't have time to test it out.

Last edited:
I don't know why it doesn't work anymore, I will test it again with the latest TFS (Mystic Spirit 0.2.11pl2)

EDIT:

You're right, it doesn't do shielding anymore... I wonder if CipSoft removed it or something or maybe it only works in 0.3.
I honestly have no idea at the moment. I will have to look around more and find out why it's not working anymore.

EDIT2:

Lol, I'm so retarded... I didn't have a shield on... <facepalm>
Yeah it works perfectly fine, the poofing is happing, shielding is going up.

Last edited:
Back