• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Teaser] TAWOT Teaser II

Karel

Reaction score
Well, hello again.
It's time for our second teaser. I announced some weeks ago it would come soon, and now it's time for it.
First I would like to tell a bit how the progress is going. The map is doing quite OK, and we expect it to be finished (well, everything that needs to be finished for the opening) somewhere in august. The scripting however is not really going fast, which is kinda hard for us mappers, (we don't know a lot about scripting) to get everything working.
Although that doesn't stop us, and here's our second teaser!
teaser1.jpg

I'm standing here in the largest city of Wothalin, Dra'Kheel. The king has his castle here.
teaser2.jpg

The poor half of the city of Jorev. People say it's a really rich city, but with that, they probably meant only the half.
teaser3.jpg

In the library of Jorev, which is the biggest in the world, you can read books about various adventurers.
teaser4.jpg

A guildhall in shape of a castle in Jorev.
teaser5.jpg

I visited the djinns to learn more about the land and its history.
teaser6.jpg

Visiting my great friend Pete the fisherman.
teaser7.jpg

While exploring a swamp cave, I ran into some slimes!
teaser9.jpg

The great docks in Atlantis, they are build inside the wall and protected with immense gates.
teaser8.jpg

A 'Lord of the Rings' fan would say 'Moria!', which is true, this cave is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's Moria. (Yes,I'm aware of the fact that there is no earth yet).

This was our second teaser, I hope you enjoyed it.
Also, I would like you to give the first lines of our genesis:

Genesis

It was a chilly night, nobody was out in the streets but a young boy named Simon. He was walking through the streets of Calosia. He looked up to the sky and saw a dark cloud, suddenly it started to rain, the rain was so cold that when it hit the ground, it immediately froze to ice. Simon felt the chilly raindrops hitting his bare feet, he didn’t know what was going to happen. He walked to the eastern gate, when he saw a dark mass moving around over the land around Calosia. He only saw it moving, but he didn’t hear any sound of activity around the city. It was still raining. Simon thought that the rain was the reason why he didn’t hear a thing. Maybe there was an evil army outside? Or is he just hallucinating? Simon didn’t know it himself, but he was scared, so scared that he didn’t dare to move. As he kept watching the dark mass, he saw it wasn’t on its way to Calosia, but moving away from it. He thought it was the Royal Calosian Army, also known as the RCA. He followed it, maybe an other city on Wothalin was in danger? If that was the reality, he wanted to help. At the gate he saw the guards sitting in the guard house, they were drunk, as they always were. How could they warn a sleeping city when they were drunk? Simon wondered.
He didn’t know what the wilderness around Calosia looked like, since he had hardly ever been outside the city. He was so scared that he actually wanted to go back to his house in the centre of the city, and read a book about heroes in the library. But he didn't know he is in a heroic story himself!

Looks good... 9.9/10 :p
Dont want to give it a ten.. as it was not perfect =/

looks really good
*expect that Moria.. I'd prefer to add some grounds xP

Nice work i give it 7/10 becuse it could be more detailed in the cities

Back