• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Teleports and some errors

Yusuf El-Shora

Herizona-Ots
Reaction score
Hi guys , hope you all are fine :)
-
i'm almost done with my Ot but having some errors and questions ..
1. how to make teleport with it's name pops up ? (searched alot and found nthing)
2r6ci0k.jpg

----
the errors i'm having is :
1 . [Warning - Items::loadFromXml] Unknown type rune .
2 . [Warning - Items::loadFromXml] Unknown key value walkStack .
3 . [Warning - Houses::loadFromXml] House entry not set for: Forgotten headquarter (Flat 1, Area 42) (2141) .
4 . [Warning - IOMapSerialize::loadItems] NULL item at ( 01198 / 01477 / 006 ) (type = 7815, sid = 1, pid = 0) .
5 .
[23/07/2015 05:33:56] [Error - GlobalEvent Interface]
[23/07/2015 05:33:56] data/globalevents/scripts/start.lua:eek:nStartup
[23/07/2015 05:33:56] Description:
[23/07/2015 05:33:56] data/globalevents/scripts/start.lua:2: attempt to call field 'executeQuery' (a nil value)
[23/07/2015 05:33:56] stack traceback:
[23/07/2015 05:33:56] data/globalevents/scripts/start.lua:2: in function <data/globalevents/scripts/start.lua:1>
----
& thanks for your help :D

Error 1: there is 1 or more items with type "rune" in items.xml. Just use a text editing program and use ctrl+f to find them and remove the attribute for rune from each one.
Error 2: same as error one, but there's an attribute key called walkStack. Remove those as well.
Error 3: The house in the error does not have the exit set. You can set that in Remere's Map Editor from the House Palette.
Error 4: at position 1198, 1477, 6 on your map, there is a corrupted item. Just delete it.
Error 5: in globalevents/scripts/startup.lua, there's an error with a database query, you'll want to post the contents of that script here. Remember to use [.code] and [./code] tags (without the periods) to surround the code.

As for the names above teleporters, I'm not familiar with such an old distro, I don't remember how everything works, so I don't recall how to do this, but I've done it before for something.

for teleport talk and effects
have fun #Yusuf El-Shora
Installation

globalevents.xml

Code:
<globalevent name="effects" interval="3000" event="script" value="effects.lua"/>

effects.lua

Code:
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)

local texts =
{
  ["~Castles~"] = {{x=1979, y=1998, z =6},CONST_ME_FIREWRK_RED, 23},
  ["~Hunting~"] = {{x=1999, y=1994, z=7},CONST_ME_FIREWORK_YELLOW, 23},
  ["~Quests~"] = {{x=2001, y= 1994, z=7},CONST_ME_FIREWRK_RED, 23},
  ["~Trainers~"] = {{x=1995, y=1994, z=7},CONST_ME_YELLOW_RINGS, 23},
  ["~Houses~"] = {{x=1896, y=2079, z=7},CONST_ME_FIREWORK_YELLOW, 23},
  ["~Shops~"] = {{x=1890, y= 2079, z=7},CONST_ME_FIREWORK_YELLOW, 23}

}

for text, param in pairs(texts) do
     doSendAnimatedText(param[1], text, param[3])
     doSendMagicEffect(param[1], param[2])

end
return TRUE
end

Error 1: there is 1 or more items with type "rune" in items.xml. Just use a text editing program and use ctrl+f to find them and remove the attribute for rune from each one.
Error 2: same as error one, but there's an attribute key called walkStack. Remove those as well.
Error 3: The house in the error does not have the exit set. You can set that in Remere's Map Editor from the House Palette.
Error 4: at position 1198, 1477, 6 on your map, there is a corrupted item. Just delete it.
Error 5: in globalevents/scripts/startup.lua, there's an error with a database query, you'll want to post the contents of that script here. Remember to use [.code] and [./code] tags (without the periods) to surround the code.

As for the names above teleporters, I'm not familiar with such an old distro, I don't remember how everything works, so I don't recall how to do this, but I've done it before for something.
well most of them is fixed but now having this error
FATAL: OTBM Loader - [x:715, y:841, z:7] Failed to create item.

for teleport talk and effects
have fun #Yusuf El-Shora
Installation

globalevents.xml

Code:
<globalevent name="effects" interval="3000" event="script" value="effects.lua"/>

effects.lua

Code:

local texts =
{

}

end
return TRUE
end
where to find effects.lua '?

make file name effects.lua and put code on it

Code:

local texts =
{

}

end
return TRUE
end

make file name effects.lua and put code on it

Code:

local texts =
{

}

end
return TRUE
end
done and thanks :D
now i'm having this :
FATAL: OTBM Loader - [x:715, y:841, z:7] Failed to create item.

can you help me with this error ^

Well, seems like a database issue to me. Did you download everything in one distro or did you grab a different datapack? From the looks of things, you've got compatibility issues, which I think is why you've had issues with items.xml and could be why the query error occurred.

Well, seems like a database issue to me. Did you download everything in one distro or did you grab a different datapack? From the looks of things, you've got compatibility issues, which I think is why you've had issues with items.xml and could be why the query error occurred.
i did grab different datapack but it was working at first bit no not .. so what's the solution ?

I would say ensure your datapack and exe are compatible by getting them in the same place. If you're not partial to a Tibia version, I highly recommend going with TFS 1.1. It's restricted to the newer versions but it works well and has great features. If this is something you're interested in, you can find a full release here:
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/releases/tag/v1.1

Download either the win32 or win64 (32 or 64-bit) and it will include a full datapack with a few NPCs, a map for testing, the exe, and everything you need to start an OT. If you'd like to lean more towards a real map, you can also check out https://github.com/orts which is the leading real map for newer versions.

otherwise, just find a different version of 0.3.6 that comes with everything in one place.

I would say ensure your datapack and exe are compatible by getting them in the same place. If you're not partial to a Tibia version, I highly recommend going with TFS 1.1. It's restricted to the newer versions but it works well and has great features. If this is something you're interested in, you can find a full release here:
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/releases/tag/v1.1

Download either the win32 or win64 (32 or 64-bit) and it will include a full datapack with a few NPCs, a map for testing, the exe, and everything you need to start an OT. If you'd like to lean more towards a real map, you can also check out https://github.com/orts which is the leading real map for newer versions.

otherwise, just find a different version of 0.3.6 that comes with everything in one place.
so tfs 1.1 works on data 0.4 ?

Nope, you'd use a TFS 1.1 datapack. If you're using an 0.4 datapack, just get an 0.4 exe. rev 3882 and 3884 appear to be the best revisions for 8.6~ but because it was a donator only project, it's tough to find downloads. I don't have any, nor would I release them if I did

Nope, you'd use a TFS 1.1 datapack. If you're using an 0.4 datapack, just get an 0.4 exe. rev 3882 and 3884 appear to be the best revisions for 8.6~ but because it was a donator only project, it's tough to find downloads. I don't have any, nor would I release them if I did
amiroslo released all tfs 0.4 revisions, you just need to compile & ur done :p (I can't find the link to the thread atm but if you search you will find them :) )

Back