• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows terribly slow map loading on 0.3.6pl1

brandnew

Reaction score
im trying to load a Real Cipsoft Map (98MB) on 0.3.6pl1 but it takes an infinity to load (30 minutes!), while on Mystic Spirit( 0.2.7) the same map takes 44 seconds to load.
And I do need to use 0.3.6pl1.
Any ideas?

I'm gonna copy my previous post because this solution may help you, too.

The problem is not the version of your engine, it's the size of your map.

Download Laatido from: http://www.musikbanken.se/laatidosetup.exe

In step 1 select your .exe file that you use to turn your server on. Make a backup file if you want. Click Enable in Step 4.

Now try to run your server.

Relic

thanks Relic,
I'm pretty sure it will work, because at some point system runs out of memory and it takes an infinity to load the rest of the map. I read the description of laatido and it seems like the right solution for me.i'll check it out and tell you the results.
This however, proves that 0.3.6pl1 is using lot more memory than 0.2.7, since in the latter i dont have this problem using the same map.
@coiler 2GB RAM DD3 800

well, 0.3.x have way more functions etc so it have to use more memory, but making you use so much of pagingfile is strange

but rlmap on 0.3.6 should use ~2GB of ram I guess so it wont work properly

if only map takes whole memory, add system, all services, players, their actions and serv starts to lag as hell

well, 0.3.x have way more functions etc so it have to use more memory, but making you use so much of pagingfile is strange

but rlmap on 0.3.6 should use ~2GB of ram I guess so it wont work properly

if only map takes whole memory, add system, all services, players, their actions and serv starts to lag as hell
let alone mapcleans and server saves...
2GB simply isn't enough today, not only for most servers but for desktop computers, too.

well, I have 2GB and its ok
with msn, kadu, skype, win7 with aero and firefox, browser taking 80MB just because

btw: I have 12MB map and tfs uses ~380MB

wierdly, i activated LAA on the .exe with laatida ,I even tried recompiling using the --large-address-aware option of g++ (using Dev-cpp) but nothing helped. I increased the virtual memory space too, but that was useless lol.
So, i finally decided to better use a map my pc can easily handle.
thanks all for the help

Back