• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux TFS 0.3.5pl1 crashes, wondering, looking for help.

test30

Reaction score
Hello,
I am providing an ot server and I have got a big problem, anwser to which I would really like to know.
Well, there is RLMap 38kx38k. Today, for example, ot was running for 19h and then it went dead.

I was looking for solution to my problem.
  • The first what came to my mind after reading some topic was:
    It may be magebomb.
    so i wrote a mysql query which shows you how many players logged in simultaneously. I do not see anything interesting after looking at the results (I ran query after OT crashed).
    Code:
    select (select count(*) from players pp where abs(pp.lastlogin-p.lastlogin)<=10) as logged_simultaneously,p.name, account_id 
    from players p ORDER BY `logged_simultaneously`  
    DESC limit 30000
  • Then I took a look at data/logs/client_assertions.log, but not even one of time of entries was about time the crash appeared.
  • I came here to ask you for tips.

My engine is TFS 0.3.5pl1, compiled on debian 3GB ram, while running ot, sys got 1GB ram free. mysql database is on the same server that ot is running.

Please feel free to give me any clues,

hungry for your replies,
your test30

The problem is i am pretty sure it is not magebomb, friend of mine tried to use mbomb, it didnt even cause a small lag. ;(

I compiled and host tfs 0.3.5pl1 debian system without any problem actually. If your server uses 2gb ram i'd guess you host something in the similiar size of the real maps out there. I'm hosting a war server (with 3 very small maps with 0 monsters ofc) and it uses around 100MB of ram.

Have you tried hosting your server with a clean 0.3.5pl1? without adding something that is. Otherwise you may have done something wrong in the process compiling / mysql process.

That the server eats 2GB RAM might be that the server stores alot of it in the cache, and thats no problem.

I don't know the size of the map in that measure but it was around 100MB real map with hell of a lot monsters and scripts to load.

And that setup costed me 1975 MB RAM.

Hello,
Ive got the same problem as test30,

My machine:
-Debian lenny
-3gb ram

Im running rlmap (85mb) map.
Server is using 1.97gb of ram so I got about ~1gb free.
After some hours my tfs (0.3.5pl1) is shutting down with no reason.
In console I see a message:
Segmentation fault.

How can i fix it?

Back