• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X [TFS]0.3.6 decrease map size or compile 64bit

Gozzer

Reaction score
I have been searching through all posts about this topic and have yet to find any help on what I need help with, I can compile a 32bit version thats easy, however I am not sure how to put mingw64 into devc++, I have tried a few ways and I keep failing, I don't know if I even have the right files, if someone could just link me to the exact files I need that would be appreciated, or if anyone has the compiler setup for 64bit compiling if they could help me? I would greatly appreciate it, Using a VPS for a server and I am being told to decrease map or use 64bit compiled version, which I have plenty of ram on the VPS so I am not sure why it won't just work. Reached out to their support and they say its not on them, So I am just at my wits end on this one xD if anyone could help at all that would be great. and thank you in advance, I know there is a search function, but everything is so outdated and most of them never show the resolved answer.

I have been searching through all posts about this topic and have yet to find any help on what I need help with, I can compile a 32bit version thats easy, however I am not sure how to put mingw64 into devc++, I have tried a few ways and I keep failing, I don't know if I even have the right files, if someone could just link me to the exact files I need that would be appreciated, or if anyone has the compiler setup for 64bit compiling if they could help me? I would greatly appreciate it, Using a VPS for a server and I am being told to decrease map or use 64bit compiled version, which I have plenty of ram on the VPS so I am not sure why it won't just work. Reached out to their support and they say its not on them, So I am just at my wits end on this one xD if anyone could help at all that would be great. and thank you in advance, I know there is a search function, but everything is so outdated and most of them never show the resolved answer.

Configuring a development environment for 64-bit compilation can be tricky, especially when you're dealing with specific compilers and tools like Dev-C++ and MinGW. Let's break down the steps you might take to set this up for 64-bit compilation.

Prerequisites:​

1. Dev-C++: If you don't have Dev-C++, you can download it from its official website or a maintained version from GitHub.
  2. MinGW-w64: You can download the latest version from the official site or SourceForge.

Steps to Add MinGW-w64 to Dev-C++:​

1. Download MinGW-w64: After downloading, extract the zip file to a location that is easy to navigate to. Make sure there are no spaces in the directory path.
  2. Open Dev-C++: Once you have Dev-C++ open, navigate to Tools > Compiler Options.
  3. Add Compiler: In the Compiler Options window, you should see a tab or section that allows you to configure compilers. Look for a button to add a new compiler.
  4. Configure Compiler Settings:
    • Name: Give this new compiler setup a name, like "MinGW-w64".
    • Binaries: Navigate to the location where you extracted MinGW-w64 and point the compiler to the bin directory. Usually, you'll set:
      • gcc.exe for C compiler
      • g++.exe for C++ compiler
      • gdb.exe for Debugger
  5. Save and Test: After saving these settings, try to compile a simple program to test if the 64-bit compiler is correctly configured.

Troubleshooting:​

• Make sure that the path to MinGW-w64 binaries is correctly set in Dev-C++. Any typo can lead to problems.
  • Try running a basic "Hello World" code to ensure that the compiler is set up correctly.
  • If you have multiple compiler configurations, make sure that you've selected MinGW-w64 when trying to build a project in 64-bit mode.
Please note that depending on the version of Dev-C++ or MinGW-w64, some steps might differ slightly.

Back