• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 0.3.6] - Players are getting kicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlskelin

Reaction score
Hello so something happened today players were play my ot they suddenly they got kicked i dont know what happened im using noip my tfs is 0.3.6 i didnt got any error on my ot this happens everytime at the same time is it the problem with my internet or something else ?

Solution
Yes

Yes i know sad but what can you do

There are only 2 things you can do as I said, find another provider that has a static IP or use a dedicated hosting company.
Closing this thread since there isen't any more information to be given in your case, if you have other questions send me a PM and ill unlock the thread.
Are you using a dedicated server? In that case ask them to monitor the connections at that time.
Try to ask a few players to connect with the IP insted of your domain, that might also be the problem.
Last thing is to check scripts or even your source code, might be a bug there.

Maybe the maxPacketsPerSecond = x in config.lua is so small... Try to set it to 2000, I've solved this problem in my OT

I have a question with noip so every 24h the ip restarts and i get e new ip address then people cant join my srver only on account they cant join the world.Do i need to set up a static ip address i called my intrnet provider they wont help me does anyone know whats the problem ?

Hello mate
try theses options:
Google <<<< will redirect you to tutorials to change dynamic ip to static

hope it helps you :)

Hello mate
try theses options:
Google <<<< will redirect you to tutorials to change dynamic ip to static

hope it helps you :)
Wouldn't it be a pain someday in the future if someone searched this problem and THIS thread was the top result on Google. They still wouldn't even know where to begin!

Check it out OP, this is all very simple so just dive in:
  1. Go to no-ip.com set up an account
  2. Make a new redirect. (add host)
  3. Put that redirect into config.lua (whatever.no-ip.com or whatever)
  4. Get no-ip.com DUC (dynamic update client) (all this is FREE) install that.
  5. Now when your IP changes the DUC will update your redirect, the most your server will ever be offline is 5 minutes.
  6. Be sure to login on the website and click "update host" once every 30 days (for free accounts)

Enjoy hosting your OT.

Wouldn't it be a pain someday in the future if someone searched this problem and THIS thread was the top result on Google. They still wouldn't even know where to begin!

Check it out OP, this is all very simple so just dive in:
  1. Go to no-ip.com set up an account
  2. Make a new redirect. (add host)
  3. Put that redirect into config.lua (whatever.no-ip.com or whatever)
  4. Get no-ip.com DUC (dynamic update client) (all this is FREE) install that.
  5. Now when your IP changes the DUC will update your redirect, the most your server will ever be offline is 5 minutes.
  6. Be sure to login on the website and click "update host" once every 30 days (for free accounts)

Enjoy hosting your OT.

Thats not the case here, everyday at 12.30 everyone gets kicked out, we waited even 20 minutes to try, you have to restart your server.

Thats not the case here, everyday at 12.30 everyone gets kicked out, we waited even 20 minutes to try, you have to restart your server.

Is it your internet provider that changes the IP?
If you are using a dedicated host, call the owners and tell them to monitor the network at those times.
Also check your scripts (globalevents) to see if you have something that is executed at that time / interval.

Yes my internet provider change the ip then noip changes the ip then people getting kicked out and they cant join

Then find another place to host it, Don Daniello has his hosting service, you got OVH etc etc

im pretty sure he's hosting the on in his home, dude check how to change dynamic ip to a static one.. very simple
google it o click on my first post

im pretty sure he's hosting the on in his home, dude check how to change dynamic ip to a static one.. very simple
google it o click on my first post
If your service provider is forcing the dynamic then you cant just change your ip to static in Windows...

@jlskelin im sorry but you will need to get a hosting service, not much you can do since its your provider changing the IP

Yes

Yes i know sad but what can you do

There are only 2 things you can do as I said, find another provider that has a static IP or use a dedicated hosting company.
Closing this thread since there isen't any more information to be given in your case, if you have other questions send me a PM and ill unlock the thread.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back