• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux TFS 0.4 rev3884 ram issue?

Shadowman321

Reaction score
upload_2014-1-27_20-56-1.png

Can anyone explain this to me? Its like 12-15 vps that I am using in last 2~ years. And its first time I have problem like this. It is using only about 1-1.5 of 3gb ram. And waste 100% swap memory. It sometimes cause lags for everyone online... Especially when I got more than 3 days uptime(ots not vps).
Would changing server to better solve this problem? Or I need to change something somewhere? Because I don't wanna waste money to buy better server if this would still be a problem in future. Maybe it is just to weak to hold around 105mb map? But at similar vps with map like 92mb there was no problem even with 260~ players online. And now its like 50-60...

Well. Tell it to around 1000 players who made 1250 characters and 1114 of them were online in last 45 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes...

Idea:
Is it possible that only vps and some things are using those 1.5gb of ram, and while tfs using more than 1.5gb that is free it doesn't use it but using other resorces from i have no idea where? Well its just like vps, not dedicated server. So maybe it is using like 5gb ram even if there is theoretically only 0.5gb for my vps?
Is that even possible?
It isn't really big company that can do every thing right. They even fuck up things often. So maybe they have some kind of issue that they doesnt know and im using it somehow?

Anyway, I will cut some needless things from map and maybe get better server if it wont be enough...

Back