• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X Tfs 0.4 "You have to wait a while" on talkactions?

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys, on my server players are using some very quick talkactions by elfbot, which is causing lag.

here is my talkaction.cpp
hastebin

Thx for help!

Solution
To be clear, you don't need the modification by source you want the modification by source.

Opening up the 20 or so files in your talkactions and pasting in 6 lines of script to add the exhaust is really easy, and should take you less then 10 minutes total.

put in /lib/000-constant
Lua:
global_exhaust = {}
paste underneath each "function onSay"
Lua:
local cur_time = os.time()
if global_exhaust[cid] and global_exhaust[cid] > cur_time then
    doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Please wait a few seconds, then try command again.")
    return true
end
global_exhaust[cid] = cur_time + 5
its in the scripts for sure check local { exhaust = 30000 } setting lower than 1000 can cause heavy lags. if you cant find anything ad exhaust on your own then it will overwrite global settings you can check some lua 0.4 scripts to find exhaust i think !aol and backpack command has exhaust

its in the scripts for sure check local { exhaust = 30000 } setting lower than 1000 can cause heavy lags. if you cant find anything ad exhaust on your own then it will overwrite global settings you can check some lua 0.4 scripts to find exhaust i think !aol and backpack command has exhaust
I do not want the exausted in specific scripts, I want it to have at all talkactions, so I need the modification by source

that will let players Turn your ots off. do you not understand it is not advised to go less than 1000ms they will spam your server to death and it will die no matter what 1 person on 1 elf script will ddos it off and clone items. damn people

To be clear, you don't need the modification by source you want the modification by source.

Opening up the 20 or so files in your talkactions and pasting in 6 lines of script to add the exhaust is really easy, and should take you less then 10 minutes total.

put in /lib/000-constant
Lua:
global_exhaust = {}
Lua:
    doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Please wait a few seconds, then try command again.")
    return true
end

Solution

put in /lib/000-constant
Lua:
global_exhaust = {}
Lua:
    return true
end
but he wants the exhaust to be 0ms...

but he wants the exhaust to be 0ms...
" players are using some very quick talkactions by elfbot, which is causing lag"

That means he wants them to use the talkactions less, no?
If the talkactions don't do anything because of the exhaust, players won't use them as often, which would reduce the amount of lag.

Back