• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.0, 10.40 Skip part of quest

Zeroone

Reaction score
Hello, i've been playing on some servers which have some part of the quest removed or skipped and i want that for my server too. For example, i want every new created chararcter to be able to travel to farmine, sell zaoan loot to esrik, use carpet etc. without any pre quests/tomes of knowledge. Note that was just an example. If you know how to do it please feel free to reply. Thank you

Change the storagevalue check, you can make it lower or remove the storagevalue check completely if a player doesn't need to do any other quests before doing a quest or action.

Could need some more indepth information, I tried to change the storagevalue check. What do you mean with remove the storagevalue check completely? Should i just remove the number at the end or the whole
if(player:getStorageValue() >= mechanisms[item.uid].value) then
player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
player:teleportTo(mechanisms[item.uid].pos)
player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
else
This is just another example, I removed everything after the StorageValue. It should be (Storage.InServiceofYalahar.Questline). Did i do it wrong? Thanks!

You can just remove the whole line, then also remove the part with else blabla end under it.
Don't remove just this: player:getStorageValue(...), this is a parameter that is a part of the function.
If you want to keep the storage checks but just that players don't need to do all quests but onyl a few, you can change the value.
~~
if player:getStorageValue(storage) >= 1 then
~~
If you do >= -1 players also don't need to do any quest at all, since -1 is the value players have if they don't have the storage and in scripts it's always set the a higher value.

Back