• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved TFS 1.0 - Demon Oak - Storage values?

Tofflarn

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm currently trying out the Demon Oak quest from the data pack that Printer released and the problem I experience is that Oldrak won't think i have been inside the "infested area".

I have walked on all the squares and I have entered the Demon Oak area without any problem.

When i look at the NPC Lua code i don't really understand the storage values.. For example, where is the value of DEMON_OAK_DONE_STORAGE and DEMON_OAK_STORAGE stored? I can't find any value in the script so I don't know how this is supposed to work?

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)         npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)     npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink()                         npcHandler:onThink() end

[REMOVED SOME CODE TO BE ABLE TO POST THIS THREAD.]

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    local player = Player(cid)
    if (not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return false
    end
    if (msgcontains(msg, 'mission') or msgcontains(msg, 'demon oak')) then
        if(player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_DONE_STORAGE) < 1 and player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_STORAGE) < 2) then
            npcHandler:say("How do you know? Did you go into the infested area?", cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 1
        elseif (player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_STORAGE) == 2 and player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_DONE_STORAGE) < 1) then
            npcHandler:say("You better don't return here until you've defeated the Demon Oak.", cid)
        elseif (player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_DONE_STORAGE) == 1) then
            npcHandler:say({"You chopped down the demon oak?!? Unbelievable!! Let's hope it doesn't come back. As long as evil is still existent in the soil of the plains, it won't be over. Still, the demons suffered a setback, that's for sure. ...", "For your brave action, I tell you a secret which has been kept for many many years. There is an old house south of the location where you found the demon oak. There should be a grave with the name 'Yesim Adeit' somewhere close by. ...", "It belongs to a Daramian nobleman named 'Teme Saiyid'. I knew him well and he told me -almost augured- that someone will come who is worthy to obtain his treasure. I'm sure this 'someone' is you. Good luck in finding it!"}, cid, 0, 1, 7000)
            player:setStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_DONE_STORAGE, 2)
        end
    elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1) then
        if (player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_STORAGE) == 1) then
            npcHandler:say("A demon oak?!? <mumbles some blessings> May the gods be on our side. You'll need a {hallowed axe} to harm that tree. Bring me a simple {axe} and I'll prepare it for you.",cid)
            player:setStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_STORAGE, 2)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 0
        else
            npcHandler:say("I don't believe a word of it! How rude to lie to a monk!",cid)
        end
    elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'axe') or msgcontains(msg, 'hallowed axe')) then
        if (player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_STORAGE) == 2) then
            npcHandler:say("Ahh, you've got an axe. Very good. I can make a hallowed axe out of it. It will cost you... er... a donation of 1,000 gold. Alright?",cid)
            npcHandler.topic[cid] = 2
        else
            npcHandler:say("You have to first talk about {demon oak} or the {mission} before we continue.",cid)
        end
    elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 2) then
        if (player:getStorageValue(DEMON_OAK_STORAGE) == 2) then
            if (player:removeMoney(1000)) then
                if (player:removeItem(2386, 1))  then
                    npcHandler:say("Let's see....<mumbles a prayer>....here we go. The blessing on this axe will be absorbed by all the demonic energy around here. I presume it will not last very long, so better hurry. Actually, I can refresh the blessing as often as you like.",cid)
                    player:addItem(8293, 1)
                    doSendMagicEffect(getThingPos(getNpcCid()), 49)
                else
                    npcHandler:say("There is no axe with you.",cid)
                end
            else
                npcHandler:say("There is not enough of money with you.",cid)
            end
        end
    elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'no') and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1) then
        npcHandler:say("What a pity! Let me know when you managed to get in there. Maybe I can help you when we know what we are dealing with.",cid)
    elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'no') and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 2) then
        npcHandler:say("No then.",cid)
    end
    return true
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Anyone that can help me with this?

I remember having the same problem, double check you copyed all the scripts, double check again, then reset storages for the character and test it.

Im using all the whole data packade that Printer released so all files should be there. Already tried to remove all storage values from the database without any success. :(

EDIT: Is there a new kind of storage system in TFS 1.0? I mean when I for example look at the code to the Demon Oak chest it looks like this:

player:setStorageValue(Storage.DemonOak.Done, 3)

But where in the world is the script gettings this value from? It isn't in the script either..

lol, use windows search =P those value are at data/lib/StorageTables.lua and make sure that you are using the latest updated datapack since there are fixes occurring everyday

lol, use windows search =P those value are at data/lib/StorageTables.lua and make sure that you are using the latest updated datapack since there are fixes occurring everyday

Thank you very much, now the actions and movements script make sence but still not the values in the npc file..

Back