• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua [TFS 1.0] Looking for a script to NPC who giving Task

giddy92

Reaction score
Hello.
I want make NPC who can give a task. Somethink like:
First Task
- Kill 20 rabbit and come back
- Good job! Take that EXP (500 experience added)

Second Task
- Bring me 5 worms
- Good job! Take that rope!

etc.
I need some easy, worked script, for modify and added my Tasks.
Can someone give me it? :)

I want make many NPC on my map, with quest like that.

I have little knowledge for scripting, however I can give you a nice start on what you'll want to learn.

Learn how to make npc's respond to text. -- required for any npc.
Learn how to use talkstates. -- allows you to create more complex conversations.
Learn how to use if/elseif/else statements correctly. -- allows you to direct the flow of a conversation, or to decide different options.
Learn how to use storage values. -- allows you to create quests/tasks
-- beyond this
Learn how to use creaturescripts/movements/actions. -- These are all practically the same thing and literally just use 'if' statements for most everything.
Learn how to use tables. -- this and
Learn how to use loops. -- this will save you countless hours of work once you learn to use them effectively.

For everything else, you can easily do anything with a quick search.
Remove/add an item.
Give experience.
Kill X amount of monsters.
Use a chest/item/wall/lever.
Modify the environment.

Once you learn the basics, most everything you wish others to help you with now will be easy.
The only thing left to learn is how to combine everything in new and interesting ways.

I wish you good luck.

Xikini

Bonus! All the Lua Functions! :p