• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua TFS 1.0 player:setStorage(string)

Jetro

jangeldev
Reaction score
Well, i wonder if it exists a function to set a string storage to a player, i seen on sources that storage only accepts integers, so there is something made for set string storages? (i know is easy to do adding a few things, but i don't want to "reinvent the wheel " before be insured :v)

thanks in advance

You have to write out a new function to do a conversion, the acceptable storage data type is like you said, simply integer. However there are many work arounds for this, you could make your own storage in lua, or you can write a complex function to convert strings to integers and back from integers to string using an algorithm, but really if you don't know how to do this, your best bet is to try to find the thread about a pet system completely in lua, in there is good sample code on how to make storages saved in lua for tables, strings, integers, and functions all stored...

Back