• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Action [TFS 1.1] Discover skills, quests, locations, spells from books like Skyrim

RazorBlade

Retired Snek
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was a little bored, and I've been playing a lot of Skyrim recently, so I made a little system that allows a player to gain skills, discover quests, learn spells and even discover fast travel locations (using my fast travel system also inspired by Skyrim: [TFS 1.1] Fast Travel To Unlocked Locations, modalwindow)

It's a simple yet highly configurable action script.
In actions.xml, enter:
<action itemid="1957" script="YOUR_FOLDER/booklearn.lua"/>
In this case I just used a map, but you can use anything. Maps, books, dead cats, anything. Go nuts. You can use multiple items as well. As long as the actionid is set properly, you can use any item and as many different items as you desire.

In actions/scripts/YOUR_FOLDER, create booklearn.lua and enter:
Code:
function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
    player = Player(cid)
    if not Player(player) then
        return false
    end
    local actions = {
    [6001] = {action = "discover", storages = {37101, 37103}},
    [6002] = {action = "skill", skills = {SKILL_SWORD, SKILL_MAGLEVEL}, levels = {1, 2}},
    [6003] = {action = "quest", storages = {10000, 10001}, values = {1, 3}},
    [6004] = {action = "spell", spells = {"Test Spell 1", "Test Spell 2"}}
    }
    if item.actionid > 6000 and item.actionid < 7000 then
        if actions[item.actionid]["action"] == "discover" then
            local discover = false
            for i = 1, #actions[item.actionid] do
                if player:getStorageValue(actions[item.actionid]["storages"][i]) ~= 1 then
                    player:setStorageValue(actions[item.actionid]["storages"][i], 1)
                    discover = true
                end
            end
            if discover then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have discovered new locations to travel to!")
            else
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT, "You have already discovered all the locations this source has to offer.")
            end
        elseif actions[item.actionid]["action"] == "skill" then
            if player:getStorageValue(item.actionid) ~= 1 then
                for i = 1, #actions[item.actionid]["skills"] do
                    skill = actions[item.actionid]["skills"][i]
                    if isInArray({SKILL_FIST, SKILL_CLUB, SKILL_SWORD, SKILL_AXE, SKILL_DISTANCE, SKILL_SHIELD, SKILL_FISHING}, skill) then
                        for j = 1, actions[item.actionid]["levels"][i] do
                            local xp = math.ceil(player:getVocation():getRequiredSkillTries(skill, player:getSkillLevel(skill) + 1))
                            player:addSkillTries(skill, xp)
                        end   
                    elseif skill == SKILL_MAGLEVEL then
                        for k = 1, actions[item.actionid]["levels"][i] do

local xp = math.ceil(player:getVocation():getRequiredManaSpent(player:getBaseMagicLevel() + 1))
                            player:addManaSpent(xp)
                        end
                    end
                end
                player:setStorageValue(item.actionid, 1)
            else
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT, "You didn't learn anything useful.")
            end
        elseif actions[item.actionid]["action"] == "quest" then
            local hadQuest = true
            for i = 1, #actions[item.actionid]["storages"] do
                if player:getStorageValue(actions[item.actionid]["storages"][i]) < actions[item.actionid]["values"][i] then
                    player:setStorageValue(actions[item.actionid]["storages"][i], actions[item.actionid]["values"][i])
                    hadQuest = false
                end
            end
            if hadQuest then
                player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT, "You already discovered all the quests this source has to offer.")
            end
        elseif actions[item.actionid]["action"] == "spell" then
            for i = 1, #actions[item.actionid]["spells"] do
                if not player:hasLearnedSpell(actions[item.actionid]["spells"][i]) then
                    if player:canLearnSpell(actions[item.actionid]["spells"][i]) then
                        player:learnSpell(actions[item.actionid]["spells"][i])
                        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have learned the spell: " .. actions[item.actionid]["spells"][i] .. ".")
                    else
                        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You cannot learn the spell: " .. actions[item.actionid]["spells"][i] .. ".")
                    end
                else
                    player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have already learned the spell: " .. actions[item.actionid]["spells"][i] .. ".")
                end
            end
        end
    end

return true
end

Configuration is simple. Just add a value to the actions table and fill in the information following the guide of the existing examples. I included two spells, two skills, two quests and two locations in the examples to show you how to add more than one. You can simply remove the second value or add more to fit your needs. Just ensure that the number of entries is the same in skills and levels (skill) as well as in storages and values (quest) or it will throw errors. If you configure it properly there should be no errors.

***Note: You can use the discover action without installing my fast travel system, but it will simply add storage values that are not terribly useful and send the player a very confusing message about travel.

If you have any issues or questions, please post them here so that others who may have the same issues or questions may also receive solutions and answers.

If you like it, please feel free to check out my fast travel system as well, which can be found in my signature :D @jperez42

Hey there! Can I use only the locations and quests discover? Without the "very confusing messages about travel" stuff?

Hey there! Can I use only the locations and quests discover? Without the "very confusing messages about travel" stuff?
when you set the actionid on the item, register it in the script as the action you choose. you don't need to use the others if you don't want to

Back