• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling tfs 1.2 can't compile linux

failkin

Solutions
Reaction score
I've managed to compile 1.3 and get it running but the map I want to use only works on 1.2 so Im trying to make the server but it always fails on around 17%. I'm assuming the compiling guide has been updated to work on 1.3 is the issue here's the code I get

Attachments

Solution
I've managed to compile 1.3 and get it running but the map I want to use only works on 1.2 so Im trying to make the server but it always fails on around 17%. I'm assuming the compiling guide has been updated to work on 1.3 is the issue here's the code I get

Do changes described in error '3' (in connection.cpp and connection.h):

Solution
sorry for the slow reply kids had me out all day but that was the fix and I ended up with 3 more errors on that list got to error number 11 I tried to install the program but it was already the current and replacing the file with the newest version didn't seem to work
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it'd be better to make the map work for latest TFS version? 😉
that is....far beyond my skill set as from what I can see there isnt a working 1.3 RL map lol
Post automatically merged:

....actually I just deleted it all and reuploaded it copy and pasting the edited files and for some literally unknown reason it worked

Last edited:
With tfs 1.2 I also got the error:
Code:
/home/john/git/forgottenserver1.2/src/tools.cpp:369:46: error: ‘%04d’ directive writing between 4 and 11 bytes into a region of size between 0 and 14 [-Werror=format-overflow=]
  369 |         int res = sprintf(buffer, "%02d/%02d/%04d %02d:%02d:%02d", tms->tm_mday, tms->tm_mon + 1, tms->tm_year + 1900, tms->tm_hour, tms->tm_min, tms->tm_sec);
Weirdly enough, tfs 1.4 seem to have the exact same code and doesn't give any errors.
But changing the size from 20 to a 100 bytes worked as a temporary fix.

Writing here instead of in the thread since this thread is for tfs 1.2 while Gesior's title indicates 0.4 so seems more appropriate to post here.

Back