• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ Tfs 1.2 compatibility with tibia versions other than 10.98

Shrouded

Reaction score
Hi there. There are a few things that i assume might be troublesome for making OT server for tibia protocol 10.41 with TFS 1.2/ TFS 1.3 :

NOTICE! If i were to make such a server i would make it a custom RPG with custom map made from scratch + custom quests and OTC. The only things i would use is the distro itself + lua API to make most of things by myself.

- Tfs 1.2 might have features, which exist only in 10.98 client like augmentation system(life steal etc), which can lead to different kinds of bugs.
- 10.98 has a different login protocol(actually tested that because i couldnt login - authorization token message popped in client). I can track the changes/commits on github and edit it to work for 10.41. I assume that in order for everything to work i will have to edit more than loginprotocol.c/h file and i might forget something important, which can lead to future bugs that will be hard to find.
- Compatibility with otb file. I would like to use otb, which can be modified in item editor(it can edit up to 10.77 i guess). I have no idea how this file works, but i guess there could be some problem with me having to use otb from 10.41 and my server having to use one from 10.98.

All of these problems arise from the fact, that i want to create server with new TFS features, but tools(object builder,item editor) are not up to date and afaik they won't be updated to 10.98. I suppose most people run 10.98 server because they don't need to edit/add new graphics and items, or they have their own tools to do that. I am considering downloading TFS 1.0, which supports 10.41 and adding some important changes in c++ from 1.2/1.3, but wouldn't that take a lot of time?

I would love people to correct me one some stuff and to give me advice in realizing my custom project. I am not experienced with making OT and lua API, but i know c++ on semi-intermediate level.

Another alternative is working on TFS 10.98 with the normal graphics, sprites and items until the item editor and the rest of the tools you need will be updated, Your project will take long if you want to create everything from scratch. so might as well work on your foundations first until the tools get updated.

just my thought.

OTX 3.x is based on TFS 1.2, but supports lower client versions. Compile it down to a version you can use your tools with, and go for OTClient.

Solution
Okay so what i see is that the second Alpha version of OTX 3.0 is supporting 10.41 . Apparently it's TFS 1.1 fork, which i guess is much better than original 1.0 . If i am mistaken please correct me, if you have anything to add please write as much as you can :). Thanks to everyone answering so far.

Okay so what i see is that the second Alpha version of OTX 3.0 is supporting 10.41 . Apparently it's TFS 1.1 fork, which i guess is much better than original 1.0 . If i am mistaken please correct me, if you have anything to add please write as much as you can :). Thanks to everyone answering so far.

Some prefer 1.0, others prefer the latest.
Just an FYI Shadowcores server was a modified TFS 1.0.

When it comes to the server, use something you feel would be good but try to avoid things like Avesta or other "out dated" servers that you might have a hard time finding support or info about.

Back