• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.2 Compatibility

knightxd

Reaction score
Hey guys, im trying to switch tfs 1.2 to version 10.41, i changed the version on sources:

Code:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 1041
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 1077

i set a big range cause the connections were working on version 10.76, but well, when i try to connect on otclient i got a problem.

if i am on version 10.76 i can connect and login, no erros on consoles but if i'm on version 10.41 it loads the character window but when i try to connect it freezes at "connecting to game server.." and it stays like that until i hit the cancel button.

Have anyone had a problem like this? could you solve it? does anyone know what can be possibly doing this?

also, is TFS 1.2 compatible with protocol 10.41? if not, what is the lowest compatible protocol?

thanks a lot!

yeah i know, i saw some discutions and ppl says that TFS 1.1 worked great along with protocol 10.41, haven't tryed tough.
i just wanna know if its better to use TFS 1.2 instead of 1.1..

yeah i know, i saw some discutions and ppl says that TFS 1.1 worked great along with protocol 10.41, haven't tryed tough.
i just wanna know if its better to use TFS 1.2 instead of 1.1..

I think it's better to use updated versions of TFS (i'm performing tests on 1.2 and it's fast on my PC). But, you'll need to research for your server requirements to determine which version of TFS is appropriate for the game protocol you're going to use.

TFS 1.1 is not compatible with 10.41. It was made for Tibia 10.77 and will not work backwards without a lot of code rewriting.

Use TFS 1.0 instead if you really need protocol 10.41, as it works properly. You can then backport features at will.

TFS 1.1 is not compatible with 10.41. It was made for Tibia 10.77 and will not work backwards without a lot of code rewriting.

Use TFS 1.0 instead if you really need protocol 10.41, as it works properly. You can then backport features at will.

Id say it would be pretty easy, Mark did not do that much when he updated it :p
You need an if statment to check how to get the login, you need some of that in other protocol function aswell.
https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/a954ddfb62e3e50f9b4a6ee65502b75ad8b6f613

It is posible (Mark probbly had it like this, since he does not update he can allow most of the 10.x versions). but you will have to do alot of extra coding insted of just having support for one of them.

Back