• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS 1.2 Compiling errors

Solutions
Reaction score
So I was just trying to compile using the tutorial on the github of tfs but im getting alot of errors about boost being old. I did exactly what was written here otland/forgottenserver The only thing is that I use Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise instead of Visual Studio 2017 Community but that can't be it or can it? Since Enterprise is more advanced. I use the TFS SDK v3.2 libraries and the Boost C++ libraries for MSVC 14.1 as is written on the compiling tutorial on github.

This is the first error
Code:
1>Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - probably nothing bad will happen - but you may wish to look for an update Boost version.  Define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE to suppress this message.

And then I got alot of these errrors
Code:
warning C4996: 'std::fpos<_Mbstatet>::seekpos': warning STL4019: The member std::fpos::seekpos() is non-Standard, and is preserved only for compatibility with workarounds for old versions of Visual C++. It will be removed in a future release, and in this release always returns 0. Please use standards-conforming mechanisms to manipulate fpos, such as conversions to and from streamoff, or an integral type, instead. If you are receiving this message while compiling Boost.IOStreams, a fix has been submitted upstream to make Boost use standards-conforming mechanisms, as it does for other compilers. You can define _SILENCE_FPOS_SEEKPOS_DEPRECATION_WARNING to acknowledge that you have received this warning, or define _REMOVE_FPOS_SEEKPOS to remove std::fpos::seekpos entirely. (compiling source file ..\src\condition.cpp)

1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\enterprise\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\iosfwd(59): note: see declaration of 'std::fpos<_Mbstatet>::seekpos' (compiling source file ..\src\condition.cpp)

Yup, the last Boost version and msvc 15.5.3 were released at about the same time, so we didn't manage to get the many updates tested and in that release.
You can either:

• Do as the message suggests and define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE. Everything will work just fine, but some features which could be enabled for 15.5 will still be disabled as they were in 15.4.
  • Download the zip file of Boost.Config develop and replace boost-root/boost/config with the files under include/boost/config in the zip.

Back