• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CreatureEvent [TFS 1.2] Conditions: Resist, Absorb, Reflect, Deflect

I created system, if non-existinting damage type is added to table, it automatically generates the receiver.
also I don't get it why your table is so big. I got only 6 values and 6 types, and does the same thing like your code.

Why come on someone else's thread and talk about what you have done and how theirs can be better? That's just bad etiquette. You say great release but a lot to improve, if you want to improve on this system or make a better system and release then by all means do so, but don't go to someone else's thread and just talk bad about what they have done but in a way that seems like you are trying to be nice.... that's not nice.

Why come on someone else's thread and talk about . . . how theirs can be better?
Nonsense. Besides I usually don't do it, but razor is different, though perhaps his interested on the next step towards improvement.
Why come on someone else's thread and talk about what you have done . . . ?
I was trying to make an example of more improved resistance system.
don't go to someone else's thread and just talk bad about what they have done but in a way that seems like you are trying to be nice.
What? This is great release, I'm sure practically for most server this script is improvement.

what happens if I add: {133, dragon_damage,} ?
Or we can't use custom damagetypes?

That shouldn't be a problem.
And the table seems unnecessary long to me too, but I'm guessing that is because of one of his systems.

That shouldn't be a problem.
And the table seems unnecessary long to me too, but I'm guessing that is because of one of his systems.
I don't think it would give errors, but I also think it would do nothing if dragon hits player and that value is in that table xD

Although this it is rather unnecessary feature anyway, but addition none the less.

EDIT:
if you want to improve on this system or make a better system and release then by all means do so
If I would be improving it, the only thing I would do is: reduce the script size by 2-4 times.
Way too many repetitive loops xD

@whitevo
As I said in the original thread, it's a big mess because I never intended to release it when I made it and so I did not care about efficiency or code length. The table is so long because I made one set of elements per resistance type when I started it and never turned back to optimize, for the same reason as why it's so long and messy, and also as @Colors said, the alchemy decides the individual elements by subId. I'm going to fix up my alchemy system and crafting system and release them, so in that process I'll probably clean up this one as well since this was originally part of my alchemy system.

@whitevo
As I said in the original thread, it's a big mess because I never intended to release it when I made it and so I did not care about efficiency or code length. The table is so long because I made one set of elements per resistance type when I started it and never turned back to optimize, for the same reason as why it's so long and messy, and also as @Colors said, the alchemy decides the individual elements by subId. I'm going to fix up my alchemy system and crafting system and release them, so in that process I'll probably clean up this one as well since this was originally part of my alchemy system.
yep I understand. I just didn't understand why codinabalack hatin xD

I don't think there's any hating going on, I think some of your contributions to the thread may have just came across as a little aggressive to some people. Just a misunderstanding, I'm sure @whitevo

yep I understand. I just didn't understand why codinabalack hatin xD

Definitely not hating. But I very much dislike when people go on a thread of a great release and say how they have done better. Talk is cheap, I believe in results and I'm from the "show me" state. Thing is, you did come across as if you were "dissing" his work, whether you realize it or not, text doesn't have tone remember that. If he wasn't offended then I recant my statements and apologize, but know if you came to a thread where I released something for someone talking the way you did I would definitely take offense to it.

@RazorBlade can't wait to see the optimized and cleaned up version as well as the release of the crafting and alchemy systems

Definitely not hating. But I very much dislike when people go on a thread of a great release and say how they have done better. Talk is cheap, I believe in results and I'm from the "show me" state. Thing is, you did come across as if you were "dissing" his work, whether you realize it or not, text doesn't have tone remember that. If he wasn't offended then I recant my statements and apologize, but know if you came to a thread where I released something for someone talking the way you did I would definitely take offense to it.

@RazorBlade can't wait to see the optimized and cleaned up version as well as the release of the crafting and alchemy systems
You're definitely free to interpret his posts as you did. I do see where you get your observations from and I do agree that his responses came off as a little arrogant but honestly I don't think he does it on purpose. He uses the English language in a sense that's very literal and to the point, not using slang, sarcasm, etc. as much as the next guy, and that shouldn't be a fault. I think he means well which is why I don't take offense. If he was some random just trashing me I would probably be more offended :p

As for the systems, I've optimized and prepared and tested the main part of the crafting system. I've decided to just release all the recipes as well. All like 400+ :p I imagine it should be ready sometime tomorrow. Alchemy will take a little longer because it's a much more advanced script than the crafting and I'd like to clean it up a bit

As for the systems, I've optimized and prepared and tested the main part of the crafting system. I've decided to just release all the recipes as well. All like 400+ :p I imagine it should be ready sometime tomorrow. Alchemy will take a little longer because it's a much more advanced script than the crafting and I'd like to clean it up a bit
GET PUMPED!!!!!

If it's not ready yet, don't rush him, that's a lot of script to rework :D

Nice. Raid window is a great idea, thought about something like that a while back, never got started on it.

Now it's yesterday's tomorrow as well. I had a busy day at work and didn't get as much done as possible, but I have no plans for today so I imagine I'll have it done or close to it :p

Nice. Raid window is a great idea, thought about something like that a while back, never got started on it.
Its done hehehehe just testing for bugs becuase i know @Colors is going to be on my back about it now haha

All good razor ;) but dont lie you were probs just watching hockey.

Back