• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows TFS 1.2 Wont start for me

NoDeath

Reaction score
Hello, I just tried to install the latest pre-compiled version of TFS but the client just pops up and disappears again. Have I done something wrong?
Ive tried with both unedited and edited (MySQL) settings in the config file but nothing works :/

Simple way to see what the problem could be is to open up a command prompt in the directory of the tfs exe. If you can't open a command prompt in the directory then click on the flag icon on the keyboard which should open the start menu and in the run box type cmd and hit enter.

From there you are going to navigate to the directory of where the tfs exe is, if you don't know how to navigate in windows read this tutorial
Command Prompt - How to use the simple, basic commands | Digital Citizen

Once you are there all you have to do is type "tfs.exe" without the quotes and this will launch the application and let you know what the issue is. Once you find this out either copy and paste the output and put it in code tags on the forum here or take a screen shot and post it in an image tag.

Simple way to see what the problem could be is to open up a command prompt in the directory of the tfs exe. If you can't open a command prompt in the directory then click on the flag icon on the keyboard which should open the start menu and in the run box type cmd and hit enter.

From there you are going to navigate to the directory of where the tfs exe is, if you don't know how to navigate in windows read this tutorial
Command Prompt - How to use the simple, basic commands | Digital Citizen

Once you are there all you have to do is type "tfs.exe" without the quotes and this will launch the application and let you know what the issue is. Once you find this out either copy and paste the output and put it in code tags on the forum here or take a screen shot and post it in an image tag.
Tanks for your answer! But I fixed the problem.. Seemed to be that the MySQL user didnt have any read/write rights. its up and running now :)

Back