• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS 1.3, Cannot open config.lua

Thogora

Reaction score
Hello OtLand.

So, I finally managed to successfully compile TFS using this guide and when i at first tried to run the "theforgottenserver-x64.exe" it required "vcruntime140_1.dll" to run so I add it and run TFS again. Immediately at start up it stops working "theforgottenserver-x64.exe has stopped working" so I run the windows debug and open it in MSVC again to see if I could find anything. The attached image shows the error I get and I have absolutely no idea what this means or how to solve it so i tried to google it and I did found this topic with a similar problem, though as given in the solution I had do "downgrade" even more too SSE. Do this mean that my CPU is -really- old? (Intel Q9450)
So far so good, as I want to run the 10.98 client with matching world (until I have made mine own world) form this thread by Klonera.
Okay, compiled again without errors, adding "vcruntime140_1.dll" and the datapack and map from Klonera, running "theforgottenserver-x64.exe" through command prompt and get the following error:
Loading Config [Error - ConfigManager::load] Cannot open config.lua: No such file or directory. Error: Unable to load config.lua.

I have added the config.lua, among other files, and set MySQL information.
So I need some help a solution for this and make my TFS run the config.lua so I can run my server.

Kind regards
Thogora

Attachments

• Tibia compile error.jpg
    Tibia compile error.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 55 · VirusTotal
Solution
@M0ustafa: From the folder vcpkg\forgottenserver I moved the config.lua.dist and moved it to my TFS folder and ran the server and it created the condig.lua, edited it and ran the tfs again. Why I use cmd is because cmd does now shutdown on errors, running the tfs it self "blinks" so fast I can read the errors.

@Infernum: Moved all the files to a root folder and followed M0ustafas instructions, works great.

Now I just got a new problem. The server cant load the folder 'scripts/lib' well It does not exist in server folder yet so no wonder it cannot find it. I will took in to that later today and of course any support on this matter are appreciated.

Kind regards
Thogora
You don't have to add config.lua by yourself, it will create automatic as long as you have config.lua.dist Why are you running it through CMD? What happens if you run it normally?

@M0ustafa: From the folder vcpkg\forgottenserver I moved the config.lua.dist and moved it to my TFS folder and ran the server and it created the condig.lua, edited it and ran the tfs again. Why I use cmd is because cmd does now shutdown on errors, running the tfs it self "blinks" so fast I can read the errors.

@Infernum: Moved all the files to a root folder and followed M0ustafas instructions, works great.

Now I just got a new problem. The server cant load the folder 'scripts/lib' well It does not exist in server folder yet so no wonder it cannot find it. I will took in to that later today and of course any support on this matter are appreciated.

Kind regards
Thogora

Kind regards
Thogora

Solution
Back