• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ [TFS 1.3] Errors on console when opening server. I'm quite lost!

Sunset

Reaction score
So I'm setting up a RL 10.98 server with tfs 1.3 for fun with a friend of mine, and while we've fixed almost every bigger issue we had, there are two that still remain unsolved. I really am out of ideas since I've already tried google and trying to deduce it by myself. Here are some the errors:
LOCAL_1.png
On this first image we can see the two main problems we're facing: The first being the create_functions.lua script which doesn't seem to work at all and since I don't know what it does I haven't been able to fix it.
Here is the content of said script:
Lua:
createFunctions(MonsterType) -- creates get/set functions for MonsterType
createFunctions(Spell) -- creates get/set functions for Spell

The second issue is all these scripts not being able to load the "local" functions, which is weird but I think could be linked to a lack of lib files (I'm not entirely sure what lib files do or are). Here are more of those errors:
LOCAL_2.png
I really don't know and can't figure out why is this happening, but on top of these two issues loot is not being generated at all and I think it may be related (no loot neither for players nor for gods, for what I've discarded it's a groups.xml problem).

Anyways, this is all the information I could think of that might come in handy if anyone is willing to help me out, though I'll be checking the forum daily and will provide anything I'm asked. I am trying hard to fix everything by my self but my programming knowledge is almost null, so I'm just left with google and my mild detective skills hehe.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

those are really weird errors indeed, looks like you guys tried to mix files from a datapack with the files that come with tfs-master and it got messy in some point...

my suggestion is: download tfs-master again here, and start from scratch, adding file by file and checking if there are console errors

Hey, thanks a lot for replying! I'm not sure how to quote, but I've replaced my compat.lua with the one from the master distribution as suggested by Evil Hero. I get different errors now (attached files). Besides, loot is still not being generated and now I can't use sewer gates, ladders or levers which is weird but I guess is a compat.lua thing... I've also downloaded the master distro like Evil Puncker said so if you guys are not sure how to fix this I'll just try copying every file one by one...

Thanks again and please do let me know if you know a way around this. Cheers!

Edit: I've added an extra file with the error I get when using ladders, sewer gates and such, which is similar to an error I got before.
Post automatically merged:

local config = { cooldown = 3000, -- milliseconds for more precision storage =
Your file data/lib/compat/compat.lua seems to be messed up, you have to take the one from github master repo.
I now know how to quote and am doing in case you don't get a notification otherwise. Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:
Back