• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS 1.3 on Compiling Help!

CesarZ

Solutions
Reaction score
Im trying to compile TFS 1.3, and i get this error. I'm trying to understand wht is telling me. if this had happened to any of your guys please let me know! thanks

1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Source Web of TFS 1.3

Solution
Which tutorial you followed? Can you try following this one? Most people I gave this tutorial managed to compiled successfully even without any old compiling experience.
Do you have any other visual studio versions installed? I had an issue once when I was compiling many sources with visual studio 2010/2015/2017 and attached many boosts/includes so if you have any unused visual studio versions or boosts/includes paths just clean them.
Delete the contents from the following folders:
C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio
C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VSCommon
Go to
[x64] C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE
[x86] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE
and run
devenv /resetuserdata
Delete this
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache
Open Windows Task Manager and end this process if it exist
VsHub.exe
reset Visual Studio to System Defaults (this can be done from the options within Visual Studio)
Try Running As Administrator (right-click Visual Studio and choose "Run As Administrator")
If none of the above worked try Restart your local machine.

Delete the contents from the following folders:

Go to

and run
Delete this

Open Windows Task Manager and end this process if it exist
reset Visual Studio to System Defaults (this can be done from the options within Visual Studio)
Try Running As Administrator (right-click Visual Studio and choose "Run As Administrator")
If none of the above worked try Restart your local machine.

I don't have the AppData Folder in my user.
and All i have in the 14.0 folder is a XML folder
i clicked in the devenv.exe it just open the Visual studio 2017
and there is no VsHub.exe running on processes Task Manager.

i had installed Universal SDK because it was giving a corecrt.h file was missing error i read that that was the solution, after that it started asking for 10.0 Version Which i also installed and managed to solved that and now im here. is like one on top of another lol

compile is no not so much my thing i did it once with TFS 1.0 that its been a while because i was running a TFS 1.0. Now im trying to update to a Simple TFS 1.3 and is giving me a pain just to compile it

Last edited:
Which tutorial you followed? Can you try following this one? Most people I gave this tutorial managed to compiled successfully even without any old compiling experience.
Do you have any other visual studio versions installed? I had an issue once when I was compiling many sources with visual studio 2010/2015/2017 and attached many boosts/includes so if you have any unused visual studio versions or boosts/includes paths just clean them.

Solution
I don't have the AppData Folder in my user.
and All i have in the 14.0 folder is a XML folder
i clicked in the devenv.exe it just open the Visual studio 2017
and there is no VsHub.exe running on processes Task Manager.

i had installed Universal SDK because it was giving a corecrt.h file was missing error i read that that was the solution, after that it started asking for 10.0 Version Which i also installed and managed to solved that and now im here. is like one on top of another lol

compile is no not so much my thing i did it once with TFS 1.0 that its been a while because i was running a TFS 1.0. Now im trying to update to a Simple TFS 1.3 and is giving me a pain just to compile it
Go to Project->Retarget Solution and retarget it to the version you have.
If you get toolset v142 error as well, go to Project->theforgottenserver properties->platform toolset->v141

Back