• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ tfs 1.3 quest log multiple startstorageids

Thorn

Spriting since 2013
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, im working with quest.xml and i have a question, lets say i have banshee quest, so this is what i have:

Code:
<quest name="Banshee quest" startstorageid="2393" startstoragevalue="1">
            <mission name="Giant sword" storageid="2393" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente la Giant sword."/>
            <mission name="Stone skin amulet" storageid="2197" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente el Stone skin amulet."/>
            <mission name="Boots of haste" storageid="2195" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente las Boots of haste."/>
            <mission name="Tower shield" storageid="2528" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente el Tower shield."/>
            <mission name="Stealth ring" storageid="2165" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente el Stealth ring."/>
            <mission name="Crystal coin" storageid="2160" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente un Crystal coin."/>
    </quest>

but my issue is that people have to open giant sword chest in order to see the name of the quest in quest log, is there any way that i can set more startstorageids? i would like to put all of them so if the player opens any of those chest, the quest name will appear instantly in quest log

Last edited:
A quick fix would be something like this:
Code:
<quest name="Banshee quest" startstorageid="2392" startstoragevalue="1">
            <mission name="Giant sword" storageid="2393" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente la Giant sword."/>
            <mission name="Stone skin amulet" storageid="2197" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente el Stone skin amulet."/>
            <mission name="Boots of haste" storageid="2195" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente las Boots of haste."/>
            <mission name="Tower shield" storageid="2528" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente el Tower shield."/>
            <mission name="Stealth ring" storageid="2165" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente el Stealth ring."/>
            <mission name="Crystal coin" storageid="2160" startvalue="1" endvalue="1" description="Has obtenido exitosamente un Crystal coin."/>
    </quest>

Add this in login.lua:
Code:
player:setStorageValue(2392, 1)

A quick fix would be something like this:
Code:
<quest name="Banshee quest" startstorageid="2392" startstoragevalue="1">
    </quest>

Add this in login.lua:
Code:
player:setStorageValue(2392, 1)

ok let me see if i understand, you are giving each player the startstorageid, in this case, they would create the char and immediately see this quest in quest log, but empty right? If this is the case, i would have to create a unique storage for every quest in quest log and add them to the players, wich seem very tedious tbh, also im not liking the idea they can see the full list of quests available in quest log before even doing the quest D:
maybe i understood wrong xd, but if i didnt, is there anyway to add more storage ids? i would put them all, so if you open any of those chests, the quest appears

Well if I understand it right then you should just add a lua script to the chests of the banshee quest that adds storageid 2392 and that checks if they already have it then it won't do anything.

Well if I understand it right then you should just add a lua script to the chests of the banshee quest that adds storageid 2392 and that checks if they already have it then it won't do anything.
right!! so any of the chest chosen, it will give the first storage to the player, and then the others will only give their respective storages cos the player already has the initial one! sounds great! gonna test it and let you know, thanks!

Back