• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TFS 1.3 skillstats

monkeyy

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a server and fixed many bugs, but this one: 1623613552614.png
The server doesnt recognize
Since im a beginner and know nothing of compiling, I found and followed a step-by-step guide for dummies (From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies (https://otland.net/threads/from-windows-10-to-ots-development-machine-for-dummies.268631/) ) It has a part 1 and a part 2 :D

I compiled TFS 1.3 for the very first time! So I was really happy, however now I tried to do the exact same thing on my server but it gave me like 40+ warnings and 1 fatal error in Visual Studio 2019. I remember that TFS 1.3 was compiled on visual 2017, but I cant download that version anymore.

So yes I got TFS.exe, but I just dont know how to implement it in my server without having to start all over again(players,configs etc etc)
A year or two ago I tried to compile the rewardchest and with the help of a guide on Otland I could compile it but now it seems impossible to compile with Visual 2019.

TL;DR
My question:
- How do I compile new things (e.g. the skillstats) into my server without having to start all over again? (if its possible at all)

Attachments

My server doesnt recognize these things. I really think I need to compile no?
oh... now that I read your thread properly, my advice is the same as this one who got your same problem:

use the 1.3 tfs that you compiled and add manually all your scripts and map

oh... now that I read your thread properly, my advice is the same as this one who got your same problem:

use the 1.3 tfs that you compiled and add manually all your scripts and map
First, thanks for your quick replies! And second I will try it out tomorrow its kindof late now (I know I will probably need hours to fix this :p ) Ill post here again when im done with it, thank you !!

I get many and many cannot find .... xml monster doesnt exist etc etc in the serverconsole. I even moved my entire Data folder from my (older) tfs 1.3 and it still gave me all those errors. Anyone another solution?

I get many and many cannot find .... xml monster doesnt exist etc etc in the serverconsole. I even moved my entire Data folder from my (older) tfs 1.3 and it still gave me all those errors. Anyone another solution?
you shouldn't migrate the whole data folder go folder by folder that way you can notice where and when the errors t'is appearing

you shouldn't migrate the whole data folder go folder by folder that way you can notice where and when the errors t'is appearing
Thanks for your reply! I tried that indeed because when I just copy pasted it the first time, the server didnt start. So I did it folder my folder and in the end everything was copy pasted and stilll many errors but the server did go on. I think ill try to compile it manually becuase i really dont know how to do it like this :(

Back