• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS 1.4.2 npc default.lua error

steelzord

Reaction score
Hey, I've been out of OT for a while and encountered this whilst running pretty basic npcs on tfs 1.4.2

Lua:
Lua Script Error: [Npc interface]
data/npc/scripts/default.lua
data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:672: attempt to index local 'it' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__index'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:672: in function 'parseSellable'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:558: in function 'parseParameters'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npcsystem.lua:172: in function 'parseParameters'
        data/npc/scripts/default.lua:3: in main chunk
[Warning - NpcScript::NpcScript] Can not load script: default.lua

happens when speaking to any npc that buys or sells things, doesn't affect the king, i have default tfs files

Also does quest actionid 2000 not work anymore? I put actionid 2000 and uniqueid as the quest ID for chests like INQ and get
Duplicate unique id: 17440

Last edited:
bump especially for the quests, do I really have to make a script for each quest like poi,inq,anni where you choose 1 out of several rewards with the same uid?

you have wrong npc lib folder
I am using default 1.4.2 lib, apparently that feature has yet to be applied to the official release

npcs:
Lua:
Lua Script Error: [Npc interface]
data/npc/scripts/default.lua:onCreatureSay
LuaScriptInterface::getNumber(). Argument -1 has out-of-range value for unsigned int: -1
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'openShopWindow'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/modules.lua:1089: in function 'callback'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/keywordhandler.lua:26: in function 'processMessage'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/keywordhandler.lua:151: in function 'processNodeMessage'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/keywordhandler.lua:126: in function 'processMessage'
        data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:408: in function 'onCreatureSay'
        data/npc/scripts/default.lua:7: in function <data/npc/scripts/default.lua:7>

similar issue occurs in offlinetraining.lua
Code:
Lua Script Error: [CreatureScript Interface]
data/creaturescripts/scripts/offlinetraining.lua:onLogin
LuaScriptInterface::getNumber(). Argument 2 has out-of-range value for unsigned int: -1
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'setOfflineTrainingSkill'
        data/creaturescripts/scripts/offlinetraining.lua:10: in function <data/creaturescripts/scripts/offlinetraining.lua:1>

Back