• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows TFS Crash

1Michael1

Reaction score
"The forgotten server has stopped responding."
That's the error I get after having the server online for about 4-12~ hours.
I got about 40 active players, the server is just taking 470~ MB of RAM and 0-1% CPU.
The hosting machine is running a 64 bit Windows 7 system.

Server: TFS 0.3.6pl
Client: 8.54

I'm curious to why it happens and how to fix it, nonetheless I'd most importantly like to know why it happens since it doesn't give me any error report. Has anyone heard of this before, why does it happen and is there any fix for it?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

Last edited:
Well I choosed 0.3.6pl1 because it was supposed to be a stable version.
Which version would you propose? Wouldn't I have to re-write all of the NPC's, monsters and various scripts to use a new TFS version and it'd have to be ported to 8.54.

I compiled TheForgottenServer-debug and started it, let' see if that one picks up anything, haven't tried it before.
If not, I suppose I'll just simply install a linux system on the hosting machine. Last time I hosted with the same sources was on a Linux machine and it ran flawless for weeks without any downtime. Perhaps I should try 0.4 as well, I wonder if I'll have to upgrade the datapacks and what not as well and porting it to 8.54

Back