• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ TFS crashes before opening? (Solved)

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
So basically I just did a brand new install of everything.

Installed GIT
Installed Visual Studio 2019 Community with workload "Desktop development with C++"
Installed vcpkg
GIT cloned forgottenserver
Compiled using Visual Studio 2019
Copied all .dll's and the .exe into main folder
Installed xampp for windows
Started apache, mysql
Created a new user account and checked 'create database with name as username and grant all access'
Imported schema.sql
copied config.lua.dist
renamed to config.lua
opened config.lua and put my password into mysqlPass.

And then attempted to open the forgottenserver-x64.exe

It opens the cmd prompt, and before anything prints into the console it just.. dies and closes.

I have no idea what to do. xD
Searching around the forum / google didn't really get me anywhere, so hoping for some help.

You shouldn't copy config.lua.dist and rename it, When you run TFS for first time it will create config.lua automatically.
also get sure file type is Lua file like in this screenshot
dist.PNG

You shouldn't copy config.lua.dist and rename it, When you run TFS for first time it will create config.lua automatically.
also get sure file type is Lua file like in this screenshot
View attachment 46942
well, it definitely shows as a LUA file.

I tried deleting it and running the .exe, but no file shows up and it still closes before doing anything. 🤷‍♂️

For the record, here's what my directory looks like at the moment.

Untitled.png

well, it definitely shows as a LUA file.

I tried deleting it and running the .exe, but no file shows up and it still closes before doing anything. 🤷‍♂️

For the record, here's what my directory looks like at the moment.

View attachment 46943
it looks like config.lua.dist on the print xD rename it to config.lua and try again, if it doesn't work, open windows powershell, cd to server directory and run it, then you will be able to see the error message before it closes

it looks like config.lua.dist on the print xD rename it to config.lua and try again, if it doesn't work, open windows powershell, cd to server directory and run it, then you will be able to see the error message before it closes
Alright, well I did this.. and basically nothing happens?
I'm probably doing something wrong.

Untitled.png

hm... I've had the same problem whenever I tried to open a server with other server's distro but idk if that's your case.. you should try debugging it with visual studio like this TFS 1.X+ - tfs 1.2 how can i create a crash log? server crash when login after dies (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-2-how-can-i-create-a-crash-log-server-crash-when-login-after-dies.264106/#post-2552229)

Okay.. so I'm trying to do this.. but it's impossible to attach to process. The server starts and crashes within 2 seconds.
Even if I start TFS -> refresh list.. the application is already crashed.

So I'm kinda stuck.

How good is your PC? Maybe you'll have to do this

Solution
How good is your PC? Maybe you'll have to do this
That did the trick.
Yeah my processer is from 2009. lol

---
Thanks to everyone who helped. 👩‍❤️‍👩

@Xikini you had an error like this? I just want to be sure if is the same issue I had :eek:
error-tfs-64bit-png.45320
I think your spoiler broke the image. I can't see it

--Edit
Mine never get an error message when loading the server.
It basically opened for 1 second, then closed. No error message, no nothing.

However, inside of Visual Studio if I chose 'Debug' instead of 'Release' and used 'Local Windows Debugger'..
It would compile, attempt to run, and give me the error..
-> Unhandled exception at 0x0000007FF70347C7B1 in the forgottenserver-x64.exe: 0xC00000ID: Illegal instruction

Which was resolved by following Dan Daniello's instructions in the link further up in this thread.

Last edited:
Back