• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS needs to compile with LARGEMEMORYADDRESSAWARE flag..for the devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can easily host 500+ players on a vista no latency or anything, what is the problem?

lol ok lockjoint.... really you wont understand it until you use a LINUX machine you will see the difference DRAMATICALLY anyway i wont argue more with a persons which always want to win even if he is wrong so i'm out of this thread.....

did u just say i threatened you? 0.o please copy and paste wat I said :)

lol it wasn't the right word but w/e...

BTW: lockjoint you won ok? i'm enought of trying to make you look the truth but w/e is a lost case your ego and your love with your <sarcasm>"BEAST OS AT HOSTIIING!!!!!"</sarcasm> aka windows vista wont let you look the truth.....

BTW2: I'm not trying to make you choose linux to host your ot i'm just trying to make you accept the truth and stop lying about facts (Like "Windows vista can run as same performace as linux") which have been already proven many times.....

EDIT:
And about my first post it is my point of view :]

you were bashing vista its the reason I started arguing, if you get used to it you will notice its great. :)
Linux is probably awesome im sure but its not like its impossible to host a lag free OT on 64bit vista.

Love Lockjoint

you were bashing vista its the reason I started arguing, if you get used to it you will notice its great. :)
ye i was kind of hmmmm idk lol, Thats why i edited my post and added "Don't take it as insult i just had to xD"
And i use windows vista i got a laptop with windows vista&Debian on other partition

Linux is probably awesome im sure but its not like its impossible to host a lag free OT on 64bit vista.

Love Lockjoint

Right :p

Now all happy Love, Migxxx.

EDIT: idk why but i guess ill get an infraction LOL

Last edited:
ye i was kind of hmmmm idk lol, Thats why i edited my post and added "Don't take it as insult i just had to xD"
And i use windows vista i got a laptop with windows vista on the other partition&Debian

Right :p

Now all happy Love, Migxxx.

EDIT: idk why but I guess ill get a infraction LOL

if u did I would be very suprised..I have seen some terrible posts lol but I dont report em all, I feel like im bothering the mods when I report too much lol

excuse me, are you kidding right?

For SERIOUS hosting and big OTS: LINUX

For LIL OTS (But kind of serious) or persons with no knowladge of even formating your computer OR LAZY PERSONS which wont learn about LINUX: windows server edition and maybe plain windows XP

AND For unserious OTS (AKA. 1 WEEK OTS) or TEST SERVERS OR persons without the knowladge of formating a PC: Winblow vista~Windows 7

K THX, BYE!

EDIT: Don't take it as insult i just had to xD

Everything you said is correct.
But I've hosted ots on vista with 300+ players online and I still could play on the computer xD. Still vista sucks at hosting. I would prefer Windows Server & Linux :)

vista doesnt suck at hosting grr, lol im running 2 servers on one 64bit vista the 2 processes are taking 4.8gb ram alone, i can still dl movies, do w.e lag free :D

Vista does suck as much as you(24/7). So quit with your great thinking that Vista is better than Linux.

naa vista rox :D

funny how you actually get mad when i say that lol...you need some friends bro. try to stay on topic so I don't have to report your post?

Vista has a lot more slowdown overtime as well...Which means you will have to restart the actual computer more frequently :0!

Vista has a lot more slowdown overtime as well...Which means you will have to restart the actual computer more frequently :0!

this may be true, however I have not had to restart once in 3 months :O
the computer is fine with idleing, the cooling fan turned on once about a month ago when I was compiling many times.

im still looking for a noticeable negative impact on the tfs.exe program when ran on vista. idk why mr 2 posts up has to get defencive about this kind of subject like im bill gates or something lol. But I have not been able to not run an OT in any way or even 2 OT's...the chances of crashing dont increase with vista, and everything has been tuned to be lag free so where is the problem now? get rid of the 2gb cap off of the tfs.exe and your fine with a 64 bit system they greatly improved the performance.

Vista ofcourse isn't better as linux but you can host OTs on it. This memory limit is also on windows server 2003/2008 which can be used for serious OTs altho Linux is still better.

do it yourself plx

why when elf already did it?

Added linker option "/LARGEADDRESSAWARE" for Windows compilations increasing the memory cap to 3GB on 32bit machines

TY ELF!

my map is 111 mbs, the process takes 2.4 ghz of RAM the ot is completely lag free, once you remove the 2gb cap from the tfs.exe its all good :)

If you dont think vistas can host serious ot's you simply dont know anything about them.

You're the one who dont know anything about vista, Vista uses 1 GB ram without anything ( just windows app)
and xp uses 100-300 MB and windows 7 uses 500 -800 mb
and linux I dont rly know but i guess 100mb or so

You're the one who dont know anything about vista, Vista uses 1 GB ram without anything ( just windows app)

fail..u basically spamming lol.

If you dont have /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag on the tfs.exe program some vistas (I know my 64bit home premium)

It only allows a cap of 2 GB. Now that this is in the program I am able to host much larger maps ("don't u ever see threads of why my 100+mb map wont load?") Before you try to insult me, understand that this is/was an actual issue, not anymore thanks to Elf. :D

Love Lockjoint

vista doesnt suck at hosting grr, lol im running 2 servers on one 64bit vista the 2 processes are taking 4.8gb ram alone, i can still dl movies, do w.e lag free :D

Ye right, your server lag alot xD

//Massen

excuse me, are you kidding right?

For serious hosting and big ots: Linux

for lil ots (but kind of serious) or persons with no knowladge of even formating your computer or lazy persons which wont learn about linux: Windows server edition and maybe plain windows xp

and for unserious ots (aka. 1 week ots) or test servers or persons without the knowladge of formating a pc: Winblow vista~windows 7

k thx, bye!

Edit: Don't take it as insult i just had to xd

word!

The best for hosting is linux. It takes up the least of memory, but i don't mean linux like an os(debian etc.) but from unix level. It's where you dont have a gui and just a console. Vista, ah well my opinion of it is that is sucks. There are many reasons for that and one of them is the TCP stack. Than it also takes up so much memory by an idle process of itself.(Sorry not much sense here)Windows is not a hosting os, its a user interface os for playing games and things like that. If there wouldnt be a server for windows than there wouldn't be noob servers that stay up for 2 days and die. Just because linux isnt user friendly you dont have to flame on it, it just shows how unintellectual you are and cant survive without a gui. When you have a pc with vista and no money to buy a dedicated server, or another pc/server only for hosting than vista is ok for hosting but you have to do some tweaks so it cooperates with tfs. Hope you're server doesnt die like many of them.
If the above text sounds stupid its because i dont speak english so well and im sory for that :]

Clean debian lenny about 40 mb ;>

fuck sake use LINUX. Its like a Dog vs Rat. Linux best OS to host servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back