• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua TFS Npc problem. (TFS 1.2)

Dkami

The Hunter
Solutions
Reaction score
Here is the error i am having... Below the error is the code i am trying to use.

Lua Script Error: [Npc interface]
data/npc/scripts/itemseller.lua:eek:nCreatureSay
data/npc/scripts/itemseller.lua:47: attempt to call global 'getItemInfo' (a nil
value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'getItemInfo'
data/npc/scripts/itemseller.lua:47: in function 'callback'
data/npc/lib/npcsystem/npchandler.lua:411: in function 'onCreatureSay'
data/npc/scripts/itemseller.lua:
21: in function <data/npc/scripts/itemseller.lua:21>

Lua:
local npcTable = {
    -- ["item name (what player will say)"] = {buyId = id of the item they are buying, costId = id of the currency used to buy, costCount = how many of the currency required to buy},
    ["item 1] = {buyId = 2457, costId = 6527, costCount = 10},
    ["item 2"] = {buyId = 2463, costId = 6527, costCount = 10},
    ["item 3"] = {buyId = 2647, costId = 6527, costCount = 10},
    ["item 4"] = {buyId = 2643, costId = 6527, costCount = 10},
    ["item 5"] = {buyId = 2512, costId = 6527, costCount = 10},
    ["item 6"] = {buyId = 2383, costId = 6527, costCount = 8},
    ["item 7"] = {buyId = 2184, costId = 6527, costCount = 8},
    ["item 8"] = {buyId = 2455, costId = 6527, costCount = 8},
}

local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)
local talkState = {}
local talkChoice = {}

function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)            npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                    npcHandler:onThink()                    end

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    local talkUser = NPCHANDLER_CONVBEHAVIOR == CONVERSATION_DEFAULT and 0 or cid
    if (msgcontains(msg, "hello") or msgcontains(msg, "hi")) and (not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        selfSay("Hello, in exchange for  tokens I can craft helmet, armor, legs, boots, shield, sword, crossbow, or wand. Just tell me the tier and item you would like me to craft. Example: {item 1}", cid)
        talkState[talkUser] = 0
        talkChoice[talkUser] = 0
        npcHandler:addFocus(cid)
    elseif(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return false
    end

if(msgcontains(msg, 'bye')) then
        talkState[talkUser] = 0
        talkChoice[talkUser] = 0
        npcHandler:say("Goodbye, ".. getCreatureName(cid) ..".", cid)
        npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
    elseif(npcTable[string.lower(msg)]) then
        selfSay("Are you sure you would like me to craft ".. string.lower(msg) .." for you? It will cost you ".. npcTable[string.lower(msg)].costCount .." ".. getItemInfo(npcTable[string.lower(msg)].costId).plural ..".", cid)
        talkState[talkUser] = 1
        talkChoice[talkUser] = string.lower(msg)
    elseif(msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and talkState[talkUser] == 1) then
        if(npcTable[talkChoice[talkUser]]) then
            if(doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, npcTable[talkChoice[talkUser]].costId, npcTable[talkChoice[talkUser]].costCount)) then
                doPlayerAddItem(cid, npcTable[talkChoice[talkUser]].buyId, 1)
                selfSay("Here you go. Try not to break it!", cid)
                talkState[talkUser] = 0
                talkChoice[talkUser] = 0
            else
                selfSay("Sorry, you don't have enough  tokens.", cid)
                talkState[talkUser] = 0
                talkChoice[talkUser] = 0
            end
        end
    elseif(msgcontains(msg, 'no') and talkState[talkUser] == 1) then
        selfSay("Good, I didn't want to craft anything for you anyway!", cid)
        talkState[talkUser] = 0
        talkChoice[talkUser] = 0
    end

return true
end

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "Goodbye.")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)

What i am trying to do is use a "Token" to buy an item from the npc, everything works i just get an error , I'm not 100% sure why i am getting this error.... Can anyone help?

Server version is TFS 1.2 as seen in the title of this post. (Client is 10.98 if it even matters.)

(["item 1] = {buyId = 2457, costId = 6527, costCount = 10}, the error with ["item 1"] is not it.. i messed it up while editing the post.)

EDIT!

Ok, so i found the problems... First problem was getItemInfo was not working with 1.2 for some reason.... so i changed it to getItemName, now it works.

Second issue was with (npcTable[string.lower(msg)].costId).plural the .plural was not working at all, so i fixed this by simply deleting it, Now the script works good.. no more errors.

Last edited:
Solution
Ok, so i found the problems... First problem was getItemInfo was not working with 1.2 for some reason.... so i changed it to getItemName, now it works.

Second issue was with (npcTable[string.lower(msg)].costId).plural the .plural was not working at all, so i fixed this by simply deleting it, Now the script works good.. no more errors.

Solution
Back