• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TFS on Debian 5.0, problem with the last step

Redox

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was compiling my server TheForgottenServer for tibia 8.7, and everything be allright. When I send command "./build.sh" on the last step I have problem. Console returned me error like this:
Code:
Start building on 1 cores, using 2 processes

make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ots'
  CXXLD  theforgottenserver
/usr/bin/ld: connection.o: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_getspecific@@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_getspecific@@GLIBC_2.0' is defined in DSO /lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [theforgottenserver] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ots'
make: *** [all] Error 2
What I have to do? Please for help. I will thankful
(Sorry for my english)

Please, help. I was searching resolution for this everywhere (Maybe not everywhere). Every requires libary I have got installed.

Ok, thanks. Now sever is compiling and when it finish, I will tell you about this process

@Add
Ok, thanks ;> Now I've got only this
Code:
  CXXLD  theforgottenserver
actions.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN7ActionsC2Ev':
actions.cpp:(.text+0x3049): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
actions.cpp:(.text+0x3053): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN10BaseEvents11loadFromXmlEv':
baseevents.cpp:(.text+0x236): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.cpp:(.text+0x240): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
beds.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN7BedItem8readAttrE11AttrTypes_tR10PropStream':
beds.cpp:(.text+0x5dd): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
beds.o:beds.cpp:(.text+0x5e7): more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
database.o: In function `_Database::getInstance()':
database.cpp:(.text+0x546): undefined reference to `DatabaseSQLite::DatabaseSQLite()'
database.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN7DBQuery12databaseLockE':
database.cpp:(.text+0x5b5): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
database.cpp:(.text+0x5bf): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
databasemanager.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN15DatabaseManager14optimizeTablesEv':
databasemanager.cpp:(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
databasemanager.cpp:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
databasemysql.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN13DatabaseMySQLC2Ev':
databasemysql.cpp:(.text+0xd94): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
databasemysql.o:databasemysql.cpp:(.text+0xd9e): more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
xerodx:~/ots#
This are errors from file. I go try to repair this file ;>
When I don't do this, I write here. Thanks once again

Last edited:
I did it, but I still have it ;/
Code:
root@xerodx:~/tfs# make
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/tfs'
g++ -I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/include/lua5.1    -D__USE_MYSQL__      -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -g -O1   -o theforgottenserver actions.o  allocator.o baseevents.o beds.o chat.o combat.o condition.o configmanager.o connection.o container.o creature.o creatureevent.o cylinder.o database.o databasemanager.o databasemysql.o    depot.o exception.o fileloader.o game.o  globalevent.o group.o gui.o house.o housetile.o inputbox.o ioban.o ioguild.o iologindata.o iomap.o iomapserialize.o item.o itemattributes.o items.o luascript.o mailbox.o map.o md5.o monster.o monsters.o movement.o networkmessage.o npc.o otserv.o outfit.o outputmessage.o party.o playerbox.o player.o position.o protocol.o protocolgame.o protocollogin.o protocolold.o quests.o raids.o rsa.o scheduler.o scriptmanager.o server.o sha1.o spawn.o spells.o status.o talkaction.o tasks.o teleport.o textlogger.o thing.o tile.o tools.o trashholder.o waitlist.o weapons.o vocation.o -llua5.1   -lmysqlclient -lboost_filesystem -lboost_date_time-mt -lboost_system -lboost_regex-mt -lboost_thread-mt -lgmp  -lxml2  -lpthread
actions.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:172: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
/usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:175: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:172: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
/usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:175: undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
beds.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
beds.o:/usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:175: more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tfs'
root@xerodx:~/tfs#

or

Code:
actions.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN7ActionsC2Ev':
actions.cpp:(.text+0x3085): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
actions.cpp:(.text+0x308f): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN10BaseEvents11loadFromXmlEv':
baseevents.cpp:(.text+0x236): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
baseevents.cpp:(.text+0x240): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
beds.o: In function `global constructors keyed to _ZN7BedItem8readAttrE11AttrTypes_tR10PropStream':
beds.cpp:(.text+0x5df): undefined reference to `boost::system::get_posix_category()'
beds.o:beds.cpp:(.text+0x5e9): more undefined references to `boost::system::get_posix_category()' follow
root@xerodx:~/ots#

@ADD
Ok, I have solution for my problem ;> I didn't install boost and it worked ;> Very thanks for help !

Last edited: