• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS or OTClient problem: Sprites on Screen

Otfan125

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently downloaded the TFS 1.3 stable version, along with the most up to date OTClient.
When I compile both and run the server, this is what OTClient shows me:
Screenshot from 2020-06-09 15-01-03.png

as you can see, something is terribly wrong with this. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

edit:
I just noticed that the terminal for OTClient was sending out errors, I'll put them here while I investigate the reason for it:

Code:
Startup done :]
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (300 bytes unread, last opcode is 100, prev opcode is 15): unable to create item with invalid id 30464
ERROR: no thing at pos:95 119 7, stackpos:2
C++ stack traceback:
    [C++]: ProtocolGame::getMappedThing
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::getMappedThing(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x277) [0x8ac7fb]
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::parseCreatureMove(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x2f) [0x8acd23]
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::parseMessage(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x375) [0x8ae9f7]
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::onRecv(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x6b) [0x89e587]
    ./otclient(Protocol::internalRecvData(unsigned char*, unsigned short)+0x7e) [0x7bc642]
    ./otclient(std::_Function_handler<void (unsigned char*, unsigned short), std::_Bind<void (Protocol::*(stdext::shared_object_ptr<Protocol>, std::_Placeholder<1>, std::_Placeholder<2>))(unsigned char*, unsigned short)> >::_M_invoke(std::_Any_data const&, unsigned char*&&, unsigned short&&)+0x2b) [0x7bcfb0]
    ./otclient(Connection::onRecv(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long)+0x83) [0x7ad337]
    ./otclient(void std::__invoke_impl<void, void (Connection::*&)(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long), stdext::shared_object_ptr<Connection>&, boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long const&>(std::__invoke_memfun_deref, void (Connection::*&)(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long), stdext::shared_object_ptr<Connection>&, boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long const&)+0x30) [0x7b779c]
ERROR: no creature found to move
C++ stack traceback:
    [C++]: ProtocolGame::parseCreatureMove
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::parseCreatureMove(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x10d) [0x8ace01]
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::parseMessage(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x375) [0x8ae9f7]
    ./otclient(ProtocolGame::onRecv(stdext::shared_object_ptr<InputMessage> const&)+0x6b) [0x89e587]
    ./otclient(Protocol::internalRecvData(unsigned char*, unsigned short)+0x7e) [0x7bc642]
    ./otclient(std::_Function_handler<void (unsigned char*, unsigned short), std::_Bind<void (Protocol::*(stdext::shared_object_ptr<Protocol>, std::_Placeholder<1>, std::_Placeholder<2>))(unsigned char*, unsigned short)> >::_M_invoke(std::_Any_data const&, unsigned char*&&, unsigned short&&)+0x2b) [0x7bcfb0]
    ./otclient(Connection::onRecv(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long)+0x83) [0x7ad337]
    ./otclient(void std::__invoke_impl<void, void (Connection::*&)(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long), stdext::shared_object_ptr<Connection>&, boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long const&>(std::__invoke_memfun_deref, void (Connection::*&)(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long), stdext::shared_object_ptr<Connection>&, boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long const&)+0x30) [0x7b779c]
    ./otclient(boost::asio::detail::read_op<boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_service<boost::asio::ip::tcp> >, boost::asio::mutable_buffers_1, boost::asio::detail::transfer_all_t, std::_Bind<void (Connection::*(stdext::shared_object_ptr<Connection>, std::_Placeholder<1>, std::_Placeholder<2>))(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long)> >::operator()(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long, int)+0x302) [0x7b7d3a]
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (0 bytes unread, last opcode is 103, prev opcode is 109): InputMessage eof reached

Last edited:
You have a corrupt item

Lua:
ERROR: ProtocolGame parse message exception (300 bytes unread, last opcode is 100, prev opcode is 15): unable to create item with invalid id 30464

/i 30464

That causes some black tiles on the screen, remove that item (x = 95, y = 119, z = 7)

You have a corrupt item

Lua:

/i 30464

That causes some black tiles on the screen, remove that item (x = 95, y = 119, z = 7)

I did as you suggested, and after removing that item (which really wasn't an item, if not just a ground piece) it still gives me the same type of error, only this time showing another xyz coordinate.

Make sure you choose right protocol version in your otclient. Tfs 1.3 is at 10.98 now.

Make sure you choose right protocol version in your otclient. Tfs 1.3 is at 10.98 now.

OTClient is definitely on 10.98.
I wonder if those "boost" related errors are related to the fundamental problem; maybe I have the wrong boost files.
Post automatically merged:

So I figured out what the problem was, and because it has nothing to do with what I suspected or described, I think its best if I save myself the detailed explanation as to what I did wrong.
I basically didn't complete the tutorial from:

Make sure you update the max_x view on both the server and otclient. Lol

Last edited:
Next time tell us that you modified your sources, because from your post we can assume you took latest otc and tfs unmodified...

Back