• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS Programming Tools

Release the tools

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Breed

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
The one thing tfs 1.x and previous distros seem to lack are programming tools, we have editors for everything else but not too many things for programmers to make our lives easier..

So with that said this poll will determine based on the feedback & votes of you the community if I should release my programming tools.

If no one responds or votes then I will keep them to myself.

The voting will end in 14 days.

What do you mean with "Programing tools"?

For TFS 1.1/1.0 you can use MSVC on windows to work on and compile, on OSX you can use XCode and on Linux + Win/OSX you can use Eclipse. Sure there are no project files for eclipse or xcode but they can be generated with CMake. I've even seen people use QT Creator

For older revs(0.4-0.3.7) you can use Dev-cpp or Code::Blocks, even MSVC on some of the newer revs.

You will have to wait til the voting ends to see :)
But believe me they will be very very useful :)

Why would you release such a thing?
Wouldn't it better if people actually learn how to do this things manually and 100% custom? Such a fuckin' hypocrite you are breed.

Why would you release such a thing?
Wouldn't it better if people actually learn how to do this things manually and 100% custom? Such a fuckin' hypocrite you are breed.

How about contributing o the community and sharing useful tools? But I guess you would not know about that...

Stop the fighting and keep ontopic, or consider this thread closed.

I've said it many times, if Simone's map editor sources were available I could make an entire IDE environment in there, unless someone has a map editor sources written in C++ that isn't RME (I've to study it)

I've decided to release the tools, but will be posting an ad in the jobs section, so that we can make the tools more user friendly, even for non-programmers.

sup blazed druid? why ain't you banned on this new acc

Ezzz, why Simone and not RME? I prefer the structure on RME much more, although it is unefficient

Last edited:
Well no responses to the job section, I was really hoping someone would want to get involved to build an interface.

I would be interesting in developing an interface for Simones, do you have the code?
I have source code for a map editor but not simone's I built it for another framework and its all in lua... well most of it is :p

Uhm...
I've seen Spell Makers, Monster Makers, and stuff like that. But I can't really imagine a tool for scripting in TFS.

What would it even do?
I guess it could fill out headers. Like you select:
New->Creaturescript->onLogin

And it could make a new file with:
Code:
function onLogin(cid)
end

But that wouldnt' really help too much...
You could also have a little pre-defined things, like Base Lever Switch Scripts in actions.xml and Base Damage Tiles Scripts in Movements.xml.

But HONESTLY, if you are going to be making your own stuff, just learn?
It is very rare for one of these types of "Tools" to give you more power, it usually just limits you.

Back