• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

tfs.service: Main proccess exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV

cryptomeepo

Solutions
Reaction score
Guys I really need help here.

We started our BETA version yesterday. Evrything was working properly until I went out for some rest.
Players started complaining about a couple rollbacks during the night. I went to my journal and I figure that has been some tfs.service errors during the night, like this:

rollback01.png

I thought it was because of the regular saves, and tried to remove it to keep only one big server save every 24h.

Server started running ok, but than I tried to reduce the server save time so I could test it.
Another rollback with the same error.

I saw a post in this forum saying that I had lack of RAM. My server was running with about 270 players with 8GB RAM.

I tried to increase RAM to 32 GB and than everything crashed and I can't even open it anymore.

I have a whole community asking about it, would you guys please help me?

Solution
Solved guys.
Town::getID()

The Gatekeeper, a npc from Rookgaard was sending people to Port Hope with a nonexistent town id.
TFS 1.2 Nostalrius.

What a headache.
Did you compile that engine on the machine you are running it on currently?

In this particular post you can find a way how to get to know which method is crashing if you'll be able to run it again

Well turned out it wasn't lack of RAM. Spigu gave me the 32 GB we added and still crashing. Crashing faster and in less than 100 players now.

Crashed without server saving as well.

rollback03.png

We really need some help here and we are willing to pay. If you would please pm me.

I'm trying to run GDB:
1632479412243.png

1632479511035.png
Post automatically merged:

1632486807311.png

Last edited:
Is there anyone on your database with an invalid town ID? (I'm not so good reading logs, but it seems the error started while saving a player, and happened because something related to townId)

Solved guys.
Town::getID()

The Gatekeeper, a npc from Rookgaard was sending people to Port Hope with a nonexistent town id.
TFS 1.2 Nostalrius.

What a headache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Search your data folder for instances of "setTown" and validate all of them.
It wouldn't be in the database because the crash happens at logout before the save query is executed.

Back