• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS/Tibia: Mac OS X

Would you think this is neat?

• Total voters

Programmer

Lua, Java, C
Reaction score
Tibia and TFS For Mac OS X
By Programmer

Hey OTLand, so I have recently been working on a project of my own. I am trying to recreate the TFS application, along with Tibia to run with OS X. So far, I have gotten Tibia to run flawlessly through an emulator, but installing is....a task. But, TFS is another story, as it is basically all of the sources and database stuff that I'm having trouble doing. It's different, but I think I can do this. I will be releasing it within this year. Also, in order to do this must I get permission from one of the developers? I will keep you updated, also, what do you think about this idea? :D

I don't think you need any permission from the developer, but if you're seriously committed to this, I would assume Talaturen could give you a personal section in the SVN.
The thing is, Mac is Mac. It is the LEAST most used OS when it comes to Tibia. You're not going to get a lot of interest, so I vote No. Save yourself time and help develop OTClient for Mac users.

Well, as I own a MacBook Pro I voted yes. However I own a PC too, so I'm not really bothered as I'm usually not using my MacBook while playing or developing (in general).

u have no idea how much rage rushed into me the day i got my new mac and it couldnt run tibia, i sold it and bought a PC just for da mattar

- - - Updated - - -

so, pro

I would definitely use this client for Mac OSX. I just bought a new iMac 27 inch and I'm even planning to open up an OT soon. Have to let me know if you do this please!

Great idea. However, I'd also love to see TFS coded in C/C#, specifically focusing on stability on Windows.

I don't see the point to rewrite the forgottenserver for Mac environment.
The client is another matter. But there are probably a custom client for that operating system.

Great idea. However, I'd also love to see TFS coded in C#, specifically for stability on Windows.
I don't see reason to host on Windows because forgottenserver in C# will be much slower than normal.

Last edited:
Bump, would be great to see TFS working on Mac OS X

but Tibia runs flawlessly under Mac OSX just using Wine or (Parallels Desktop), same for Linux (or PlayOnLinux app).

but Tibia runs flawlessly under Mac OSX just using Wine or (Parallels Desktop), same for Linux (or PlayOnLinux app).
Using winebottler works perfectly (i still cant use an IP CHANGER) but if you have modifiecd client, it works as usual.
I am using 0.4, is it the same if I have the sources?
I cant tell you, i think it should work, but never tried on 0.4 ;)

Back