• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X TFS vs OTServ - Tibia 8.6 Stable engine?

PRLOts

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Otland!

I have plan to host OTS on Tibia 8.6, but I have no idea which of the available distributions is the most stable and without bugs.

I was using TFS 1.2 for Tibia 8.6 from HERE, but it was more leaky than Swiss cheese :( Many easy ways to crash server from the level of the game, many bugs etc etc, waste of time.

I was thinking about OTServ from HERE or about TFS 0.3.6 from HERE but I have no idea how about stability of these two servers or is there another solution to host on a stable engine? Like TFS 0.4 or whatever... ?

And what is the most important for me, is any server have fixed bugs reported in THIS thread?

Thanks for reply and best regards!

Hey Otland!

I have plan to host OTS on Tibia 8.6, but I have no idea which of the available distributions is the most stable and without bugs.

I was using TFS 1.2 for Tibia 8.6 from HERE, but it was more leaky than Swiss cheese :( Many easy ways to crash server from the level of the game, many bugs etc etc, waste of time.

I was thinking about OTServ from HERE or about TFS 0.3.6 from HERE but I have no idea how about stability of these two servers or is there another solution to host on a stable engine? Like TFS 0.4 or whatever... ?

And what is the most important for me, is any server have fixed bugs reported in THIS thread?

Thanks for reply and best regards!
I totally agree with you in these ways,

I have no idea currently which distribution is best and most stable.
As you said TFS 1.2 for Tibia 8.60 is really useless and a lot of ways to crash it.

I thought its best for me because its latest and probably more stable then one which was popular few years ago like 0.4

I tested 0.3.6, 0.4 and 1.2 I havent got anything to say only bullshits.
all of the above TFS Engines are useless untill you learn how to do c++ edits.

right now I dont know which distribution to pick same like you.
I really want to hear other replys from other people for this post.
Should be verry helpful and good.

So we waiting for answer somone who hosting server, or maybe they spent a lot of time on tests, and repair their engines? But hey, is it worth? I'm pretty sure that you will miss something that somone will be able to use and crash the server.... :(

Is anyone tested THIS engine?

Last edited:
So we waiting for answer somone who hosting server, or maybe they spent a lot of time on tests, and repair their engines? But hey, is it worth? I'm pretty sure that you will miss something that somone will be able to use and crash the server.... :(

Is anyone tested THIS engine?

A lot of 8.6 servers are using 0.4 TFS but edited. Which takes time and tests as u said..
But you can always find some other ways to crash it.
I thought to write in older post about OTX, I never used it before but I can take a try.

A lot of 8.6 servers are using 0.4 TFS but edited. Which takes time and tests as u said..
But you can always find some other ways to crash it.
I thought to write in older post about OTX, I never used it before but I can take a try.

So in my mind now there is a battle between OTServ and OTX. Is somone compared these two engines and can say something, which of them is better to choose?

I'm hosting a TFS 0.4 server, rev 3884, and till now no bigger problems. I think its the most stable 8.6 engine.

In 2010/2011 I was hosting also a server with 800 players online, using 0.4 too, and didn't encounter any problems.

TFS 0.4 is the most stable one for 8.6, but it's really old. The only alternative I guess is OTX.

Is easier to find TFS 1.2 nowadays then 0.4, don't you think?

Anyways guys I decided to move to 10.90 client. Is now way to get TFS 0.4 rev 3884? I always thought that is only for donators or something like this, but I don't see any donation section or way to pay for donation :D

If you don't want to go with TFS 1.x, go with OTX 0.3.7 (Downgraded from 9.x?), for me it was the best at the time.. But I don't think they used that name back then.

Back