• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS vs OTX?

I prefer to use TFS due to the stability and support otx has new things but by then it's not much more.

I'm confused, OTX 3 is more updated than tfs 1.3?

Who have more bugs, OTX 3 or TFS?

Where i can download TFS 1.3? In Git Hub i 've see only the 1.2....

@Derzeroth TFS 1.3 is still in development and has not been released yet. The source can be found here, nightly compiles can be found here. Stable releases of TFS (1.0, 1.1, 1.2) can be found here.
As Lelodro and others have said, OTX has some features - like the in game tibia store - that TFS 1.x has not yet implemented.

If you need a stable distribution, use TFS 1.2. If you need the additional features, use OTX.
If you are going to be in development for quite some time, I'd suggest going with TFS 1.3 (knowing that it is being actively developed and will eventually be a stable release) however you shouldn't use TFS 1.3 in production until it has been released as a stable version.

Last edited:
Random question related to the subject: how does one go about knowing which version of TFS/OTX he's using? Is it in the server console?

And OTX 3.7 seems to have all features working

Last edited:
The principal function to OTX is backwards compatibility, retaining all compatible systems in the old protocols.
This my focus. Since TFS does not.

OTX 3 -- Based TFS 1.3 (Last commit:https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commits/master) + Extra Pull Request and features for other users partial stables
OTX 2 -- Based TFS 0.3.7 (Aka 0.4_dev last commit: https://github.com/DSpeichert/tfs/commits/master)
I am pretty satisfied with otx3, I am very happy that you decided to add in additional features which don't exist in TFS regardless of where these features came from. I don't see it as such a big deal as some people make it out to be. Aren't we all copying from one another anyway?
And isn't that the whole point of an open source community. To learn and grow from other people's work.

For example you are looking for a server 7.6
What you will find is the traditional AVESTA
And this lacks compatibility with new scripts and functions ... such as WARSystem that is present in all protocols of OTX 3 or OTX 2 for 7.x to 10.x
using exactly the same scripts either 7.6 or 10.x

Back