• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFSAccMaker] Announcement!

why ppl waste their time makign completely new accs?

gesior is great and really just give us some extra cool features instead of wasting ur time on a completely new acc that no1 will bother using

why ppl waste their time makign completely new accs?

gesior is great and really just give us some extra cool features instead of wasting ur time on a completely new acc that no1 will bother using
Knowledge i guess?
btw i agree with you about contributing to any other awesome AAC, especially DevAAC which i think is the best one and are almost complete.

Show me acc. maker that uses less SQL queries with same functionality. Smoother? No way.
Lazy loading? Gesior also got lazy loading.
How many queries would generate Laravel when you try to load 'all players, their skills from other tableand their accounts, ordered by skill'. Show me framework that does it by 1 query and offers OOP ;)
Of course you can just write query as I did in Gesior [or create view in database], but then it's not OOP.

I still don't understand what you are trying to say. I told the other guy that Laravel uses Lazy Loading, because he thought that components that you not use are eating performance.
I don't saying that Gesior or Znote is bad. It isn't. But yeah, post your thoughts whats so bad with Laravel on stackoverflow so we can continue the discussion over there. :)

Show me acc. maker that uses less SQL queries with same functionality. Smoother? No way.
Lazy loading? Gesior also got lazy loading.
How many queries would generate Laravel when you try to load 'all players, their skills from other tableand their accounts, ordered by skill'. Show me framework that does it by 1 query and offers OOP ;)
Of course you can just write query as I did in Gesior [or create view in database], but then it's not OOP.
Both obviously have their advantages and disadvantages, but dismissing Laravel, or any other framework for that matter, because you aren't aware of how they work is ludicrous. As @Cornex mentioned, Laravel in this case, offers eager loading for queries, which eliminates the n+1 issue that I'm assuming you're refering to. Sure, for every relationship it adds another query, so effectively you could end up with 1, 2 or 3 queries, yes, but that is just by using one method. You can easily create more advanced queries and limit it to 1 query, whether it is by raw queries or by their query builder. Anything you can create through your own framework, I can also do through Laravel. It just offers more convenient ways to do it and whether you decide to use it or not is entirely up to you. There are most likely speed performance gains to benefit from by not using a framework, yes, but even then, it's most of the time not something you would even notice.

In fact, I would argue that if anything, the small speed difference might be the only benefit of using your own custom framework (not saying you shouldn't create your own stuff, it's great, but dismissing other frameworks because of non-issues is a different matter). Whereas by using a larger framework, such as Laravel, everything has been tested by thousands of people, it is proven to work, whereas yours may have been tested only by yourself locally. It also offers a sense of consistency throughout rather than having a bunch of loose files laying about, and each and every one of them work a little bit differently. Do I even need to mention the existence of documentation? There are so many more benefits to using a framework, and in my mind, they all outweigh the slight speed differential.

With that said, I am in no way bashing you or your AAC, I think what you've done for this community is great, but I do not agree with your reasoning in this matter.

Both obviously have their advantages and disadvantages, but dismissing Laravel, or any other framework for that matter, because you aren't aware of how they work is ludicrous. As @Cornex mentioned, Laravel in this case, offers eager loading for queries, which eliminates the n+1 issue that I'm assuming you're refering to. Sure, for every relationship it adds another query, so effectively you could end up with 1, 2 or 3 queries, yes, but that is just by using one method. You can easily create more advanced queries and limit it to 1 query, whether it is by raw queries or by their query builder. Anything you can create through your own framework, I can also do through Laravel. It just offers more convenient ways to do it and whether you decide to use it or not is entirely up to you. There are most likely speed performance gains to benefit from by not using a framework, yes, but even then, it's most of the time not something you would even notice.

In fact, I would argue that if anything, the small speed difference might be the only benefit of using your own custom framework (not saying you shouldn't create your own stuff, it's great, but dismissing other frameworks because of non-issues is a different matter). Whereas by using a larger framework, such as Laravel, everything has been tested by thousands of people, it is proven to work, whereas yours may have been tested only by yourself locally. It also offers a sense of consistency throughout rather than having a bunch of loose files laying about, and each and every one of them work a little bit differently. Do I even need to mention the existence of documentation? There are so many more benefits to using a framework, and in my mind, they all outweigh the slight speed differential.

With that said, I am in no way bashing you or your AAC, I think what you've done for this community is great, but I do not agree with your reasoning in this matter.
I think that frameworks are good for big projects, but problem is that you must update your program to make it compatible with current version of framework. Which is not good for small projects with 1-2 developers [acc. maker]. If they got no time to update [things that are not related to their software, they update bacause framework updates!], their software get outdated and people can't use it.
Laravel 3? 2 years ago? Where is it now? What if I made acc. maker for 'Laravel 2' 4 years ago? My code is fine, but people can't run it, because it's not updated.

Laravel 5.1 is LTS, so that's not an issue. Besides, a framework upgrade doesn't render the AAC unusable, it it still equally as usable. And something Laravel has always been good with between larger versions is that the portability is usually below an hours worth of time. All a framework upgrade does, is give you the ability to improve your code. I would also consider an AAC to be a big project.

As far as your statement about making an AAC for Laravel 2, 4 years ago. It would still run, just like your old AAC works today. Time moves on, and so does coding practices. That is absolutely not a reason to dismiss any framework, or your own code for that matter. It's just the way it goes, and I wouldn't want it any other way. To put in another light, consider your old Gesior AAC to be Laravel 2 and your 2012 version to be Laravel 3. What's the difference? None, they both still work, despite a complete overhaul of the system. Just like Laravel.

Project update: "Looks like shadowcores" - problem?
55ef6d0ea7c48.png

@eduardojuniosm quando vai ficar pronto amigao ?
cara, use inglês como sua linguagem, aqui é um forum inglês ...
sobre o site, tente entender que é um projeto grande, demora um pouco de tempo até ficar pronto, até meses :/
en:
man, use english as your language, here is a english forum.
about the acc, try to understand that is a big project, its waste alot of time... like months :c

Hello guys!

The project is stopped for a moment while I upgrade myself to the new features of PHP 5.6, and PHP 7. I'm reading this book now Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices, most likely I'll not use Laravel anymore, let's keep it simple, with Git, Bootstrap 4 (responsive), some nice components from Packagist, nice documentation, good practices (PSRs, programming to interfaces) and a good security. This will be a nice way to put in practice the new knowledge that I'm getting.

Sorry the late for updates. XD

Hello guys!

The project is stopped for a moment while I upgrade myself to the new features of PHP 5.6, and PHP 7. I'm reading this book now Modern PHP: New Features and Good Practices, most likely I'll not use Laravel anymore, let's keep it simple, with Git, Bootstrap 4 (responsive), some nice components from Packagist, nice documentation, good practices (PSRs, programming to interfaces) and a good security. This will be a nice way to put in practice the new knowledge that I'm getting.

Use php 7 :)

Hello guys!

Without backend information the screenshots posted means nothing, would take minutes to mimic this template to any available AAC.

Helloooooo ... Who'es Can tell me what i can doing this?
Top 5 Players ...
And Server status...
Whoe's can give me code?
Loook red place on the screen:
TgwHzff.jpg

Back