• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Best Operating System?

Best OS?

• Windows 7

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Ubuntu

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Linux

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Snow Leopard OS (Mac)

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Joli OS (Cloud)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MAC. It has good performance for games as well as its stable with the key *nix features that makes Linux so much more stable and secure.

However its expensive. (more expensive than windows).

A friend of me have a mac laptop (7 years old). And its still running good. (compared to age). Pretty quick boot up time, surfing and stuff without probs.

While a windows laptop on average is dead within 2 - 3 years.

Windows 7 is just unbeatable, I mean there's gotta be a reason why Bill Gates has 56 billion dollars.

"Internet Explorer is just unbeatable, I mean there's gotta be a reason why Bill Gates has 56 billion dollars."

:rolleyes:

Use common sense, then it will last for 5+ years.

Yes. I have been an IT consulent.

The majority of people do NOT have this "common sense" your speaking off. Wannabe pro noob. :p

Yes. I have been an IT consulent.

The majority of people do NOT have this "common sense" your speaking off. Wannabe pro noob. :p

Hiho "wannabe pro noob", what about the game perfomance? I don't think you not what you are talking about, because it is horrible.

Hiho "wannabe pro noob", what about the game perfomance? I don't think you not what you are talking about, because it is horrible.

>> Windows versus OS X gaming gap

LinkedWebsite said:
CONCLUSION
At least in the case of the 2011 iMac, the OS X vs Windows gap has closed. But the gap is still wide in the case of the Mac Pro with the Radeon HD 5870. One reason for the gap is the fact that games are often developed under Windows and DirectX. When they are converted to OS X and OpenGL, something gets lost in translation. Thankfully, companies like Valve are putting in the extra effort to give OS X versions a fighting chance.

FYI, we tried both the Radeon drivers that come with the Apple Boot Camp Driver Installer disc and the latest ones posted on the AMD website. The results were essentially the same. Also keep in mind that this is a "snapshot" of performance. There are constant software and driver updates that alter the comparative performance picture.

I did not say osx performance is "better" than windows. But its not "horrible". Its good, and newer versions of osx can actually compare in performance with newer windows. So the huge gap you seem to be refering too, is coming to an end.

So osx got performance comparable(or almost...) with windows, stability comparable with linux, and generally lasts longer. Understand your fail? :)

And by the way: I dont use Mac and I hate it. But this thread is not about personal preferences.

Last edited:
im11e_por.gif

im11e_l4d.gif

im11e_sc2.gif

im11e_wow.gif

Looks like Windows 7 is better.

Read my post again its edited. (wasn't done posting).

Tuning off this thread now. Discussion went far enough. :p

Saw your edit now.

(tried with macbook)
Minecraft running far as render distance, in mac = lag as fuk, not playable
then I tried to bootcamp with windows xp, and I could play with far without lags at all.
Also tried Heroes of Newerth, and with lowest quality running mac, I got like 20-30 fps & random freezes, but when I tried XP, i had no lags at all.

It could be the gamedevelopers problem, but there are few gamedevelopers that actually release game to osx, which makes OSX pretty useless if you are going to use it as gaming computer.

Right now i am use Windows 7. As per my experience Windows 7 is best operating system. It provide nice speed. Window 7 uses RAM more effectively and uses less space on the RAM for its GUI features.

idk all i can say is that WINDOWS VISTA IS THE WORST FKN SYSTEM EVER, DONT BUY IT! GET VIRUSES EVERY FUKN DAY... -.-

idk all i can say is that WINDOWS VISTA IS THE WORST FKN SYSTEM EVER, DONT BUY IT! GET VIRUSES EVERY FUKN DAY... -.-

Your problem exists between the keyboard and the chair, not in the OS.

Ubuntu should be removed since it's Linux, Joli OS would be removed aswell but since it's a cloud based OS(and those are rare in Linux) so it shouldn't Most Linux Distros would be good for any end user(best for servers though), I use Windows for gaming and some good software, that sadly, are not available/work as good as in Windows.

For me Windows only last for like 2-4 years, though that's my fault since I bloat the OS to the point that I get lazy and just backup some files and wipe it completely, I got crazy installing lots of programs then find myself with shit :p

Irresponsibility is bad!

Back