• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The effective way of mapping a river

Purple Cow

Reaction score
Estimated time for completion: 5min - 15min.

1) Create or open a border tool .rme doc.

border-tool.png

2) Open a new .rme window doc and put them side by side.

2.png

3) Search for the best borders in your map collection and then copy and paste them in your map.

3.png

4.png

4) Use your imagination and the border tool doc to help you put the pieces together and create an awesome river.

5.jpg

5) If you want your river to look even better, get some ideas from your map collection or your inspiration images and put some detail on it.

6.jpg

Last edited:
Effective way of posting images:
1. dont do it like purple cow
2. use [i m g] tags and put link inbetween

Your images are for ants unless you press them which is annoying
There's no such thing as the absolute truth. It's a thing of personal taste. I preffer to expose the images this way, because is less work for me and it actually looks more organized. Also, in this case, images are not relevant, so it's not a problem.

also the river is very plain and boring
It is not a map show off. It is a simple river for a simple tutorial.

Last edited:
Its pretty good guide. Pictures could be bigger.
Also, like you said map aint for show off so idc about how it looks.

Its pretty good guide. Pictures could be bigger.
Also, like you said map aint for show off so idc about how it looks.

Thanks. Another good way of mapping a river is by doing one side with outo-border and the other side with the method exposed above. I hope all this techniques help you.

I'll post more advanced guides in the near future.

Back