• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling The Forgotten Server 1.1 SQLite

GOD Bon

Reaction score
Hello,
Guys

I need help the TFS 1.1, i look for the server tfs and i can't localize the SQLite.
I need it for using database in my server. Could someone help me?

Thanks.

yeah, if you know how to code in C++ you can do it, I doubt that anyone would do that for you tho, much work for an useless and limited database option, just use mysql, it is so easy!

yeah, if you know how to code in C++ you can do it, I doubt that anyone would do that for you tho, much work for an useless and limited database option, just use mysql, it is so easy!
Are you pretty sure on what you are saying? SQLite is significantly faster than MySQL since it's much simpler to manipulate a file than to communicate with a daemon through a socket, is much easier to backup and share as you may just make a copy rather than dump some weird transactional language, not to mention it is INFINITELY easier to set up and is much much lighter on resources.

Please, do not ever say that SQLite is useless and limited. There might be cases where MySQL is a better option, but certainly there are cases the other way around.

we are talking about tfs here, so guess why they dropped it away and take your own conclusions
Probably because it is easier to maintain support for just 1 database service, and to this I absolutely agree. Although with a good abstraction layer it would be easy as cake to use the RDBMS you want.
edit: Jo3's answer right below is much more precise ;)

GOD Bon, maybe you'd like to check Open Tibia as they still maintain support for SQLite and PostgreSQL :) you just would not have the bleeding edge features of TFS.

Last edited:
SQLite is great, and is just as good and powerful as MySQL, but (if I had to guess) the main reason TFS 1.x only supports MySQL is because of it's concurrency advantage over SQLite. TFS can potentially make many, multiple concurrent writes to the database, in which MySQL has the clear advantage over SQLite. That, or Mark only added MySQL support at first and plans on adding more at other milestones.

Probably because it is easier to maintain support for just 1 database service, and to this I absolutely agree. Although with a good abstraction layer it would be easy as cake to use the RDBMS you want.
edit: Jo3's answer right below is much more precise ;)

GOD Bon, maybe you'd like to check Open Tibia as they still maintain support for SQLite and PostgreSQL :) you just would not have the bleeding edge features of TFS.

I want Search source of to Open Tibia for support SQLite e adapt on Source of TFS 1.1 for develop.
My idea is facility for manipulation between databases. Entry for Users have choice using MySQL or SQLite.

Back