• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved The Forgotten Server Error

Darkleok

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I wanted to make my own Tibia 9.6 server for me and my friends.

The tutorial was --> Setting up your own OT server and website from scratch - YouTube
After changed "-- SQL
sqlType = "mysql"
passwordType = "sha1"

and mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "leok"
mysqlPass = "PhYV4tq9XLbjEjfW"
mysqlDatabase = "theforgottenserver"
mysqlPort = 3306

I get this error : [23/06/2013 10:25:37] >> Loading config
[23/06/2013 10:25:37] >> Loading database driver...Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
[23/06/2013 10:25:38] > ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQLite which doesn't require any connection.

Accessible from server : "no" --> is this the problem?

I already tried 127.0.0.1 , I searched for like 2 hours ways to solve the problem, I forwarded 7171 7172 , 80 Port.
When I put 127.0.0.1 in , almost the same error appears , only that it says :"Cant connect to MySQL server leok@localhost" <-- Something like that

I got Uniserver from the tutorial which I posted..
So when I start Apache and mySQL through it and then move on Server status it tells me "Accessible from server : no" dat shit.jpg

Hmm the pic is small on the website..

already corrected since this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm now because im a idiot - What is a ISP?
Can't I fix it on my own somehow? from the website of my router which is my IP?

I just see
MySQL run status: not running
Apache run status: not running.

Most important is the first one, also the mysql port is free, so there is no server running on it.

With 127.0.0.1
[23/06/2013 18:52:21] >> Loading config
[23/06/2013 18:52:21] >> Loading database driver...Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'leok'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
[23/06/2013 18:52:21] > ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQLite which doesn't require any connection.

with "localhost"
[23/06/2013 18:53:32] >> Loading config
[23/06/2013 18:53:32] >> Loading database driver...Failed to connect to database. MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
[23/06/2013 18:53:33] > ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQLite which doesn't require any connection.

-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "leok"
mysqlPass = "PhYV4tq9XLbjEjfW"
mysqlDatabase = "leok"
mysqlPort = 3306

-- SqLite
sqliteDatabase = "forgottenserver.s3db"

-- SQL
sqlType = "MySQL"
passwordType = "sha1"

At the moment where I did the picture everything was turned off, but it should still be able to be "green" or "activated"..
Now both are activated and its not connected.

When I move on server status, there is written that the versions are US--> I live in germany..

okay, so mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1" is correct and you have the next problem to fix.

You use mysqlUser "leok" and mysqlPass "PhYV4tq9XLbjEjfW".
These credentials are wrong. How did you get them?

isnt zomez or how he is called saying that mysqlUser is the same as the Database?

- - - Updated - - -

the password is the one I generated

When I started phpmyadmin, it already had a "root",
I kinda have the problem now that i dont have a access anymore ..
1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

No.

You might try "root" and "root" for username and password.
Not sure what users Uniform Server creatures during installation.

no if he followed the tutorial then he created a user account on his phpmyadmin and the user and database are the same thing.
he does not use root. the password is auto generated for security

Code:
sqlType = "MySQL"
why is it written like this?
write it all in uncaps mysql

also use 127.0.0.1 not localhost

Back