• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server v0.2rc4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i can only conclude one thing from this...

The Forgotten Server Sucks for 3 reasons:

- It's quite reserved

- It's way too complicated for the average user (like me) because of the Mysql

- I can't edit anything.

Soo, i'm gonna download evolutions and try to make a nice OT.

It's free, easy to make and cool.

I'm just sorry i spent 1 week trying to put the server on, when instead i could be online for 1 week, using evolutions.

Talaturen, you have a nice server, but there is much u need to learn yet...

Thank you all
Supremus

There is much you have to learn, not me, there is a MYSQL_HELP file you can read before you say I have to learn things, and to say that something sucks then you should be able to create something better and I can't see anything made by you, you could at least have said it wasn't very user-friendly instead of saying that it sucks.

TheForgottenServer is free and licensed under the GPL so the sources are also available (forgottenserver.svn.sourceforge.net).

TheForgottenServer is easy to setup if you bother to read doc files.

TheForgottenServer is one of few OpenTibia-based projects which is still under active development, alot of new things are coming to it and I could agree with you that the stability can be bad but that's only if you use it in the right way (not reading doc files), just look at Radonia (based on TheForgottenServer's latest SVN revisions, http://radonia.net/). Radonia has never crashed for a server-core reason, if it ever crashed it was caused by LuaScripts or something else.

Radonia's uptime at the moment (from http://radonia.net/):
Uptime: 45h & 25m

Even if the stability is not the best, I must say that TheForgottenServer has alot of features, minor and major ones, it has alot of patches which solve bugs in both OpenTibia and our own server-core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back